Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

shanemjn
Newcomer

Return boot kit

Hi All

I received my boot kit a few weeks ago and have finally managed to get my 2400g to work, the problem I have now is how do you return the boot kit? The email states to use the box it came in but this has all of my details on, including information DHL wrote on the box to, one, send it to a pick up location and, two, use a one day courier to send the boot kit as they were having issues with the pick up points. I can get another box to ship it in but I don't have a shipping label or any information except for two different shipping addresses, one on the email confirming the boot kit was being sent and another on the RMA email, and an account number for DHL but on information as to what to do to arrange shipping.

Has anyone sent the boot kit back yet or shed any light on what I'm supposed to be doing.

Thanks   

0 Likes
10 Replies
shanemjn
Newcomer

This morning I received an email from AMD stating the time I had to return the boot kit was up.

I have been trying to get in touch with anyone at AMD to ask how I'm supposed to return it but can't get any response.

Any help from anyone would be much appreciated.

0 Likes
cashm8
Journeyman III

Sorry to open this thread back up...

How did you deal with DHL in the end?

What do I do with the DHL acc. Number?

Any info would be great

Thanks

0 Likes

I still have it. I tried everything to return it and got nowhere. I got an email stating I had not returned the boot-kit in the specified time period and so AMD will no longer be able to offer me the AMD Cross-Ship service in future.

Tried a few more times after that to get in touch with anyone who could tell me how to return the boot-kit but got absolutely nowhere with it. 

0 Likes

OK, thanks for the reply matey

Owen

0 Likes

Let me follow up on this and get back to you.

0 Likes

Thank you

0 Likes

I've checked in your issue and the instructions on how to return the boot kit were included in the email you received on 2/22/2018.

I am reproducing some of the content here:

Please securely package the boot kit CPU in the box it came in with the RMA number and return shipping address clearly written on the outside of the box.

The shipping address is:

AMD GCC c/o K+N

Pudongweg 1

1437 EM Rozenburg (NH)

The Netherlands

Contact name: Branko de Keizer

Phone: +31 (0)252-467 771

Contact detail and telephone number are required only for logistics documentation. 

We have arranged a pre-paid DHL Express account to return your CPU back to AMD free of charge. Please contact your local DHL Express center and arrange with them to get the part shipped back to AMD, using our DHL account: xxxxxxxxxxxx

If you have deleted this email or do not have our DHL account number, let me know and I will DM it to you.

0 Likes

Thanks for your reply. I did receive that email however, as stated, I also received another email stating another return address. As I also stated, the box had been written on multiple times by DHL due to a failure of their collection service and the need for them to use an outside one day courier to deliver.

I also have no information on what to do with the DHL account. If I get in touch with them and just state that account number will they know what to do?

0 Likes

You can use any box as long as the CPU is properly protected inside. Also, use the return address provided above.

When you call DHL, inform them that you have an account number to charge the return to and they will take care of the rest.

0 Likes

Thank you for your help. That's all I was after with my original post.

0 Likes