cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

kyotwo
Adept I

Diversity in Red Team

Why Doesn't Red Team Open up to other non English Speaking Cultures ...i feel like it's kinda exclusive to English Speaking cultures and that saddens me.... Here in Egypt for Example there are many AMD fans even since the ATI days. why not reach for those too. one as myself can speak both English and Arabic and surely can help making Red Team making Arabic Content and there are other like me out there and even in other cultures that are Die hard fans. Red Team is really epic and i'd love to join.  is that available as an Option? wouldn't making other language content be something good ! to make those language barriers go away ?

0 Likes
1 Solution
blazek
Volunteer Moderator

Anybody can be an AMD Red Team member, no matter what region or culture, check out this thread: Red Team: How to Become a Member

View solution in original post

10 Replies
blazek
Volunteer Moderator

Anybody can be an AMD Red Team member, no matter what region or culture, check out this thread: Red Team: How to Become a Member

Yes I know that. but i haven't seen nothing but English based reviews ... the diversity i am talking about is the content language. i know English is the global language but there are some nations out there who are generally not that good at English so content in other languages like Arabic, Japanese, Korean, French, Russian ...etc would Help getting more reach to us... that's what i am aiming for

0 Likes
benman2785
Big Boss

as far as i know there was a plan to bring RedTeam+ to Germany too
but that info is 3 years old and nothing happened in this regard

maybe we get lucky some day

PC: R7 2700X @PBO + RX 580 4G (1500MHz/2000MHz CL16) + 32G DDR4-3200CL14 + 144hz 1ms FS P + 75hz 1ms FS
Laptop: R5 2500U @30W + RX 560X (1400MHz/1500MHz) + 16G DDR4-2400CL16 + 120Hz 3ms FS
0 Likes

I wish ! .. there's also other nations out there that are missing on the AMD Ryzen due to the language barrier. and it's a huge issue i hope AMD would not overlook anymore

0 Likes
benman2785
Big Boss

actually - Germany (+Austria +Switzerland +Italy +Belgium +Lichtenstein +Czechslovakia); France (+Canada +"Colonies"); China + Japan/Korea; Spain (+Americas); Russia (+ex Soviets) = those are the markets that needed to be used - but nearly all of them speak english

Germany has a bonus of "AMD Saxony" (now Globalfoundries) + a stong market

french = 135mio speakers (75mio "rich" buyers)
portugues = 215mio speakers (35mio "rich" buyers)

german = 250mio speakers (120mio "rich" buyers)

russian = 275mio speakers (85mio "rich" buyers)

spanish = 400mio speakers (75mio "rich" buyers)

chinese = 1.2bil speakers (100mio "rich" buyers)

maybe arabic = 235mio speakers (50mio "rich" buyers)

so only german & mandarin; and maybe russian +spanish +french would make sense

PC: R7 2700X @PBO + RX 580 4G (1500MHz/2000MHz CL16) + 32G DDR4-3200CL14 + 144hz 1ms FS P + 75hz 1ms FS
Laptop: R5 2500U @30W + RX 560X (1400MHz/1500MHz) + 16G DDR4-2400CL16 + 120Hz 3ms FS
0 Likes

You summarized the situation nicely although I'd like to add Arabic to the

language list at the end as we have Gulf countries ( UAE, qatar, Saudi

Arabia...etc) which are very very rich countries plus Egypt which if look

up it has the most population... I am from Egypt btw. Here people love

stuff on the budget side if marketed well a bit like india in situation.

Another company xiaomi is making heaps of money here in Egypt due to that

mindset. Also you got other arabic countries whom has a considerable amount

of people with good money. Let's name all that Middle east and north africa

which is a valid sector respected by all other tech and non tech companies.

0 Likes

Oman + Kuwait + Katar + UAE = 21mio people (-7mio childs & elder) = 14mio
Saudi-Arabia = 30mio (-9mio childs & elder) = 21mio
Egypt only has max 5mio "rich" buyers - the other 95mio get as much a year as "rich" citizens get a month

so we now have that ~50mio rich buyers...

0 Likes
norumu
Staff

Hey there kyotwo!

Diversity of content, language, representation, and opinions are all super important to AMD and any successful organization! We have been working very diligently on a number of improvements to the AMD Red Team community and what we're doing with everyone in it, which does include focus into something like getting our Twitch.tv channel streaming for more time zones, supporting more languages, and being able to represent PC enthusiasts from all walks of life. We're not quite there yet, but when it comes together, I hope it meets your goals and more!

you guys are doing epic job already..  i am a follower ofa ll those social media channels and i do acknowledge the hard work and the

great efforts being made. What i am trying to do is to help as well. That's why i made this post and proposed this idea to try to give back to the coolA MD  community and red team. Might as well be a chance to join too if possible. And to offer alternative or new content.

0 Likes

If you need someone to stream in Dutch, hit me up (Same name on AMD RT Discord).

0 Likes