Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

camelonian
Journeyman III

ASUS Radeon ROG STRIX RX 580 T8G and PUBG annoyances

Annoyance #1

For whatever reason on PUBG, I always have to change my display settings in-game from 1920x1080 to the resolution right below it, then back again for the colors and resolution to look right.  I'll post pictures later today to provide an example, but just to give you a general idea the game will load and everything fits on the screen but the display is really dim, graphics are somewhat grainy, and there's input lag.  Immediately after I lower the resolution and change it back, it'll snap back to life and i'll be in good shape. FPS on the menu is around 68-80 in both scenarios.

Annoyance #2

This issue has been around for a few months now and I don't know if it's a PUBG game code problem or if it's an AMD driver problem.  I play with all of my settings on Ultra except for shadows and effects and average about 70-85 FPS most of the time and it looks great.  However, the player's hair is pixellated and grainy as if I were playing on the lowest possible settings.  This isn't the end of the world or anything, but it just kind of ruins the experience when everything else is so detailed and crisp.  I've tried adjusting settings all across the board in-game and it doesn't make any difference at all.  I use the latest drivers and keep them current, and i've even gone so far as to do a fresh Windows 10 install and the issue persists.

Rig:

ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme motherboard with latest BIOS

AMD Ryzen 7 1800X processor

ASUS ROG STRIX RX 580 T8G graphics card with latest drivers

G.Skill Flare X 16GB memory

Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 500GB M.2 SSD

EVGA Supernova 1200 power supply

Samsung UN55KS8000FXZA 55-Inch 2160p 4K SUHD Smart LED TV

Does anyone else have these issues?   

0 Likes
0 Replies