cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

AMD R7 M445 2gb.

What is this? The only reference or review for this is on Notebookcheck.com. I use my laptop for gaming and while i can run most games mid to low, Its always a gamble as there are no proper specification or comparisons for me to use to decide if a game will run like at game debate where I could just feed my data and the site would tell me, based on percentage, just how much my GPU lacks or exceeds the requirements for the game. But no one has this card listed properly other than Notebookcheck. Please help

0 Likes
6 Replies
jargon
Elite

Your GPU is a Topaz XT. It is comparable to a GeForce 940M according to Notebookcheck. You should just feed the 940M (2GB) into game-debate.

0 Likes

But unlike the 940M, my card has run games like Shadow of Mordor or Ultimate Ninja Storm at around 30fps at 1920x1080 res. As per game debate, i should not be able to run these at all, and yet i did and got playable fps at a high to med setting

0 Likes

This may have been due to AMD's driver optimizations for certain games/game engines, not necessarily due to your GPU's raw power. In that case you'll also find games where the 940M will do better than the M445 due to GeForce driver optimizations. Unless game-debate is constantly retesting games after new driver releases I wouldn't put much trust in its ability to give ballpark estimates of playability at the present.

0 Likes

The Radeon R7 M445 is an entry-level graphics card for laptops. It is based on the same chip as the old Radeon R7 M340 (and therefore renamed M440) but features faster GDDR5 graphics memory. Although the core speed is slightly reduced, compared to the M440, the general performance is clearly better.

Radeon R7 M445

0 Likes

Everyone knows that, those are the first few things written on Notebookcheck, what I am asking is the total non-existence of its specification from every where. The most any site tell of this GPU (and by most sites i mean just Notebookcheck) is that it is similar in performance to GeForce 940M. I could not even find this GPU on AMD site even

0 Likes

Here is the link to the AMD web site page Radeon™ R7 Series Graphics Cards | AMD

0 Likes