cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

spitwspots
Adept I

Maximum number of independent displays on Vega 56/64

Working on a project at work and I can't seem to find the answer to what seems like a simple question. (Which always makes me think I'm going to feel stupid when I get the answer)

What are the maximum number or discreet displays (not eyefinity) supported on a vega 56/64?

0 Likes
1 Solution
hotrith
Miniboss

the same number of connections that gpu have (HDMI, Displayport, DVI) if it has 5 you can connect 5 monitors, if it has 6 you can connect 6.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
hotrith
Miniboss

the same number of connections that gpu have (HDMI, Displayport, DVI) if it has 5 you can connect 5 monitors, if it has 6 you can connect 6.

0 Likes

Thanks.  I had thought the same thing a few years ago on an older card (might have been more than a few) and found that despite having lots of ports I could only do 2 independent displays. (You could only use more than 2 with eyfieyefity)

So I thought it would be a good idea to find out how it works now with the modern cards before I spent company money. (Better to ask for more up front if you need it than to wait until after you start)

0 Likes

I'm curious, if the max number of displays is dependent on the number of ports, why are there some Vega cards with 5 ports that can only support 4? Or is this specification a mistake on the part of the manufacturer? E.g. https://rog.asus.com/ca-en/graphics-cards/graphics-cards/rog-strix/rog-strix-rx580-o8g-gaming-model/...

0 Likes

Do this apply to freesync monitors though? Like could all 5 be freesync?

0 Likes