cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

pauloc
Journeyman III

My computer becomes unusable if I install the Radeon "utility" :-(

I own a Acer laptop - Aspire ES 15 (ES1-520-53B2) with a AMD A4-5000 and HD8330 graphics. The system RAM is 4GB.

When I try to install the latest graphic driver  with all the fancy Radeon tool the laptop immediately freezes, but if I let Windows 10 install the driver alone it works great. This happened with all the versions I tried, including the latest (Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-Edition-18.2.1-Feb7). It really sucks, the mouse pointer hiccups every two seconds and nothing works!! After uninstalling all that crap I can´t manually install the driver from C:\AMD\Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-Edition-18.2.1-Feb7\Packages\Drivers\Display !

I have all the Windows graphic options on performance mode (window and mouse pointer shadow, etc).

The only driver that Windows insists in installing is this one (15.201.1101.0):

Capture.JPG

What should I do? Help me please!

Message was edited by: Paulo Corceiro

0 Likes
4 Replies

According to the link you provided, you have a E-Series E1-2500 APU....not a A4 -5000 as you posted. Acer Aspire ES1-520 - Notebookcheck.net External Reviews

So. Laptop graphics update...How to

Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

Choose the correct drivers as I have shown below. Always install the full version, never the 'minimal setup'.

Download Drivers

0 Likes

thank you for the reply but the link was wrong (Acer produces so many variants with the same name that they get mixed up), my laptop really is a AMD A4 and I'm 100% sure that I´m downloading the right drivers, I even used the autodetect feature.

IMG_20180508_175651.jpg

0 Likes

I recommend never using the 'auto-detect' feature..especially with laptops. Do it manually: Download Drivers

Always install the full version..not the 'minimal' > APU and use a clean install  Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

Thank you for the kind feedback but after all that cleaning and a full fresh install the performance is still bad.

On windows Update I found this driver and it's working fine, but without the fancy Radeon utility.

Capture1.JPG

0 Likes