cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

smol74
Journeyman III

How to connect Radeon HD 6450 graphics card to monitor Dell U2518D with a 2560 x 1440 resolution?

Hello.

I have AMD Radeon HD 6450 graphics card (it has VGA, DVI, HDMI). Tell me please can I connect the monitor Dell U2518D (only HDMI and DP connectors) to this card via DVI cable + adapter DVI-> DP to get a standard 2560 x 1440 resolution for this monitor?

0 Likes
9 Replies
jargon
Elite

That is not possible. You cannot generate DP signals from a DVI port and there is no active adapter that does it for you (see this thread). What you can do is to get a DVI -> HDMI cable and connect that to your monitor. Of course you will need to provide audio input to the monitor through other means if you require it.

A much simpler solution is to just get a male-to-male HDMI cable, since your card supports HDMI 1.4a, which should be sufficient for that kind of resolution.

Also, I've looked up the supported display resolutions for the HD 6450, and 2560x1440 is not among them. Custom resolutions require custom timings, and if I recall correctly custom resolutions are not supported on the drivers for legacy AMD hardware.

0 Likes

How can I apply a HDMI cable, if the card specification indicates that it supports the maximum 1920x1200 resolution with this cable?

0 Likes

Your card specifications (see the Sapphire page) allow for 4096x2160 HDMI Resolution over HDMI. The specs on the AMD webpage are for the reference card.

0 Likes

Yes, I saw it. But unfortunately I have a maximum of 2048 x 1152 by HDMI-HDMI resolution for U2515H.jpg

0 Likes

Can you provide the exact model of that video card please?

0 Likes

0 Likes

according to your card specs you will need to use the HDMI to HDMI connection to achieve the desired resolution.

0 Likes

So I installed the latest driver, but unfortunately I have a maximum of 2048 x 1152 by HDMI-HDMI drivers Sapphire.jpg

resolution for U2515H.jpg

0 Likes

Did you try adding a custom resolution with CRU? Worth a shot! Google CRU Custom Resolution Utility by Toasty X

0 Likes