Version 10.0.16299 Build 16299

Other OS Description Not Available

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Name (Redacted)

System Manufacturer TOSHIBA

System Model Satellite C75D-B7300

System Type x64-based PC

System SKU PSCLEU

Processor AMD A8-6410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics, 2000 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date Insyde Corp. 5.10, 7/30/2015

SMBIOS Version 2.8

Embedded Controller Version 5.10

BIOS Mode UEFI

BaseBoard Manufacturer FF10

BaseBoard Model Not Available

BaseBoard Name Base Board

Platform Role Mobile

Secure Boot State On

PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible

Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS

System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32

Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2

Locale United States

Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.16299.371"

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 6.00 GB

Total Physical Memory 4.96 GB

Radeon Software Version 18.2.1 (Adrenalin Edition)

The AMD Overdrive software can't detect my cpu for some reason. The specs for my laptop say Base 2.0 GHz, up to 2.4 GHz and it is amd so I'm assuming that it's AMD overdrive. I can't get it to ever go above 2ghz. Also i can't seem to boot into the bois settings no matter what key combo I use. So I'm at a loss how to fix this.

0 Likes
1 Solution

AMD A-Series A8-6410 Notebook Processor - NotebookCheck.net Tech

That is a automatic setting...It will automatically boost when needed.

Laptop power setting must be on 'Performance'..not 'balanced'...disable all power saving features.

From AMD:

"Processor or APU not running at the full speed can be a result of the AMD power saving feature Cool‘n’Quiet Technology (CNQ). Cool‘n’Quiet allows the operating system to match the processor utilization to the system workload, resulting in reduced power usage, lower energy cost and quieter PC operation. Cool‘n’Quiet technology adjusts the voltage, current and processor frequency in line with the system workload and the pre-set processor speed steps or states. Different processors and APUs may have different numbers of power steps or states."

Please read > Configuring Laptop Switchable Graphics on a Windows® Based System

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Overdrive is a old feature that is no longer in use for Win10, etc. Use the Wattman control panel for adjustments.

0 Likes

Ok so far from what I can tell wattman isn't supported for some reason. I just doesn't show up in my amd radeon settings. So because I updated to windows 10 and I'm not using the latest and greatest graphics card so I'm not allowed to overclock? My laptop says 2ghz up to 2.4ghz but because amd is too lazy to code overclocking software for older cpus and graphic cards I just can't? Is there any way I can get around this limitation? Perhaps someone can give me the name of some alternative software that will let me overclock?

0 Likes

Laptops have no settings for overclocking. Desktops do.

Heat is the main reason, battery life is another.

0 Likes

https://support.toshiba.com/support/staticContentDetail?contentId=4006413&isFromTOCLink=false

So it's a case of false advertising and ill never see that 2.4ghz no matter what I do?

0 Likes

AMD A-Series A8-6410 Notebook Processor - NotebookCheck.net Tech

That is a automatic setting...It will automatically boost when needed.

Laptop power setting must be on 'Performance'..not 'balanced'...disable all power saving features.

From AMD:

"Processor or APU not running at the full speed can be a result of the AMD power saving feature Cool‘n’Quiet Technology (CNQ). Cool‘n’Quiet allows the operating system to match the processor utilization to the system workload, resulting in reduced power usage, lower energy cost and quieter PC operation. Cool‘n’Quiet technology adjusts the voltage, current and processor frequency in line with the system workload and the pre-set processor speed steps or states. Different processors and APUs may have different numbers of power steps or states."

Please read > Configuring Laptop Switchable Graphics on a Windows® Based System

is it possible to update AMD overdrive to enable clock/voltage/fan settings on A9-9420 cpu ?

0 Likes