• Catalyst Software Suite 15.7.1
  • Motherboard + Bios Revision
    • Bioa Version F.29
  • CPU/APU
    • AMD Phenom II Triple-Core Mobile P820 a 1,8

• RAM
    • 4GB DDR37

• Problem

I have a laptop with a Radeon HD 5470 graphics card and I have installed Windows 10 Pro. The problem is that when I install the driver and restart the laptop, I get a message that says that I do not have a driver installed for my card or that it is not the right one . When I bought the laptop it had Windows 7 . But I bought a license for Windows 10 Pro

0 Likes
6 Replies

0 Likes

Sorry, I updated the Question

0 Likes

You really need win7 for your laptop. The graphics are too old for AMD support under Win10. You must use the drivers furnished by Microsoft update. Probably will lose the 'switchable' graphics function.

Driver Support for AMD Radeon™ HD 4000, HD 3000, HD 2000 and older Series

0 Likes

but can I force the system to use the Radeon Hd 5470? , since I saw that the 5000 series if it has support with win 10

0 Likes

You can try...

In the bios..graphics adapter set it to 'static' or 'fixed' (or whatever word they use)...the default would be 'dynamic' or 'switchable'. This means the laptop will only use the discrete card...and your battery life will go down-hill. If there is not the option, check with the laptop manufacturer for a bios update and maybe that will give the option.

Official HP statement on Switchable Graphics and Open GL Fun... - HP Support Forum - 766285

oh, thanks. I´m going to try

0 Likes