cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

udntwo
Journeyman III

driver failure?

every time i restart my computer i have to enter safe mode and delete the display driver and pray it works when i exit safe mode anyone know why? and the issue is after it posts it shows the windows logo then the screen turns off or if im really lucky it might load into windows let me enter my password then the screen turns off if i dont enter safe mode and delete the driver before restarting every time ive gotten to the point of never turning my monitor off and leaving my computer on

0 Likes
13 Replies
udntwo
Journeyman III

oh ryzen 1600x 16gb ram rx 580 sapphire nitro +  asrock ab350 pro4 motherboard my friends powercooler rx580 seems to work better but i still have to delete the driver before restarting just it works every time with his

0 Likes

Windows 10 I assume? INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

Try unselecting 'fast startup'..

How to Enable or Disable Fast Startup

Deciding whether to bother with Fast Startup actually takes longer than turning it on or off. First, open up your power options by hitting Windows+X or right-clicking your Start menu and selecting Power Options. In the Power Options window, click “Choose what the power buttons do.”

power options

If this is the first time you’ve messed with these settings, you’ll need click “Change settings that are currently unavailable” to make the Fast Startup option available for configuration.

available options

Scroll to the bottom of the window and you should see “Turn on fast startup (recommended),” along with other shutdown settings. Just use the check box to enable or disable Fast Startup. Save your changes and shut down your system to test it out.

fast startup

If you don’t see the option at all, it means hibernation is not enabled on your machine. In this case, the only shutdown options you’ll see are Sleep and Lock. The quickest way to enable hibernation is to close the power settings window and then hit Windows+X and open Command Prompt (Admin). At the Command Prompt, type the command:

0 Likes

correct windows 10 that wont fix it ive already reformated once and the issue has persisted through a reformat and since its only just started just recently "3 weeks ago" id assume it couldnt be that to begin with since ive had this build for almost a solid year now

0 Likes

Yes..but did you try disabling fast start? I would not have mentioned it if it hasn't been effective in similar cases. Disable it and reboot..then clean install the AMD driver again...reboot.

0 Likes

i switched his graphics card out and put mine in and it booted just fine.... didnt even need to delete the driver im not sure if its stable atm or not but its currently working just fine after a resolution flash for 10sec lol guess only time will tell but im curious if thats the issue why did it cause a driver failure repeatedly? and why did it just start 3 weeks ago and persist thru a reformat because 3 weeks ago i went to bed with my computer on and then went to turn my monitor on when i awoke and couldnt get a signal

0 Likes

im still scared to turn my monitor off wile its on last time i did it 5 mins into it being off i heard a noise like a usb disconnect and when i turned the monitor on it said no dvi connected and wouldnt show a picture so i have a screen saver running atm like i have been for the last 3 weeks

0 Likes

"Not only can it seriously mess up dual-boot systems, it may also interfere with the installation of updates, and could cause problems with encryption software."

"There is also the potential for Fast Startup to get in the way of Windows Updates. While updates will be downloaded for you if you have Automatic Updates enabled, not all of them can be installed without a restart. If you shutdown your computer with Fast Startup enabled, your machine will not perform a complete shutdown, so the installation of updates may not complete. Opt to perform a restart, and this will incorporate a proper shutown and allow updates to be installed -- something to keep in mind if you want to ensure that you keep your copy of Windows 10 fully up to date."

"When Fast Startup is enabled, your computer doesn’t perform a regular shut down. Since applying new system updates often requires a shutdown, you may not be able to apply updates and turn your computer off."

0 Likes

but then why would wile the computers on if i turn the monitor off for an extended period of time the computer basically disconnects the graphics card?

0 Likes

yep turned my monitor off wile laying in bed i heard the disconnect sound got up turned it on no signal restarted had to go into safe mode again to delete the driver and restart to get it working again

0 Likes

i know its a corrupt video driver i just dont know whats causing it why its happening no matter what and how to fix it since i feel it shouldnt have persisted thru a reformat and am unsure if its my video card failing or my hardrive failing or motherboard failing or what

0 Likes
cxviiqt
Journeyman III

I'd like to support the existence of that issue.

Unfortunately I had to reinstall Windows 10 serveral times.

The last two driver versions seem to be not working while the February drivers work fine. Something has changed during March which causes those problems.

After installing the current drivers my desktop shows failures wherever I move my mouse and after the necessary restart the screen does not get any signal as soon as the windows logo disappears and the driver jumps in.

My system: ASrock Killer SLI, Ryzen 1700X, 32GB RAM, Powercolor Vega 56, 1TB SSD.

All components are flashed with the latest stable BIOS versions available.

0 Likes
homerpetersen
Journeyman III

This might be occurring for overclocking your hardware components in a wrong order. If you are have trouble in this situation then, you can check how to overclock your DDR4 RAM easily for this link:

https://10scopes.com/ddr4-ram-overclocking-guide/ 

Hope it helps.