AnsweredAssumed Answered

AMD : help here with Win 7 installation on 2017 APU-s ?

Question asked by amd_beast on May 3, 2018
Latest reply on May 3, 2018 by seahawkshunt

I have a question as a long time PC builder on the side that has build and owned many of your cpu based systems....I own your magnificent product Ryzen 5 2400G with a Asus Prime X370-A motherboard and I am enjoying it very much. But I would like to know that if I buy your last years APU-s like for example A10-9700 or A12-9800, could I normally install Windows 7 without getting "this bios is not fully ACPI compliant" error message after installation just before it tries to launch into windows 7 ? Is this a motherboard bios limitation or is it an cpu architectural limitation and would it be avoided by using an A10-9700/A12-9800 APU due to the fact that it is based on the 28nm 2013 architecture from FM2+ era ? my motherboard is updated to the latest BIOS 3805. I still need my old Windows 7 to use because on my faculty we use certain older versions of software that don't work properly in windows 10 and I need them to work. And I would like to know if installing or using windows 7 is possible on your 2017 APU-s mentioned above since they are based on 28nm architecture you launched in 2013 for FM2+ socket. Thank you very much in advance  !

Outcomes