cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

tof
Adept I

[Adrenalin-Edition-18.4.1-Apr26] makes FFXIV look choppy/stuttering when playing in Window mode

Hi,

I just updated the drivers of my RX480 to the Adrenalin-Edition-18.4.1-Apr26 on windows 10 1803, and when I try to play FFXIV (dx11) in windowed mode with the fps limited at 60fps, it makes the game look/feel choppy/stuttering, I think the phenomena is  called "frame pacing". The issue doesn't occurs when I play in full screen, and it didn't occurs with the Adrenalin-Edition-18.3.4-March23

I tried using a third party software to limit the fps after reading it could help, and it didn't do anything. Reverting the drivers to the 18.3.4 fixed the issue.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

0 Likes
2 Replies
katrisa
Journeyman III

I have the same problem with FFXIV on my RX580 on the new Adrenalin-Edition-18.4.1-Apr26 drivers.  The problem goes away when I change to full screen mode moving away from borderless windowed.

As you highlighted the issues occurs from the frame pacing and border-less windowed mode.  Which bites.

0 Likes

I have a Gigabyte rx 580 8g xtr.  The frame rate limiting for Final Fantasty XIV is still not working in borderless windowed mode with AMD drivers 18.5.1 and 18.5.2.

Also if I allow FFXIV to run without frame rate limiting my Gigabyte rx 580 8g xtr on any of the new drivers (18.4.1 through 18.5.2) FFXIV will sometimes crash to the desktop.  I don't have any other games that do this (I play Overwatch, Dauntless and a few others). 

So I'm continuing to use the 18.3.4 driver for now.

0 Likes