Did you mean: 

Processors

ebradford
Journeyman III

Am186CU RoHS

Hello,

We use AM186CU.

Particularly, we have in stock AM186CU-25KC/W C

I had the impression that the C appendage indicated RoHS compliance.

The latest data sheet does not have up to date part numbers.

If possible, please send documentation of all the orderable AM186CU parts and their RoHS compliance status.

Thanks,

Emmett

0 Likes
8 Replies

See if this website helps you determine what you are looking for : AM186CU-40 datasheet -  . It includes several parts of the same kind or similar parts from AMD.

This website indicates which AMD Chips are compliant with RoHS: am186cu Stock and Price by Distributor . They sell chips but the description indicates whether the chip is RoHS compliant or not.

Seems like the "C" doesn't indicate whether it is RoHS compliant according to the above link "Stock and Price by Distributor".

0 Likes

Hi elstaci,

Thanks for the reply.

Findchips has the same old 2000 datasheet that I have.

No mention of RoHS.

Also, I need proof from AMD which ones are compliant.

Do you know of any way to get through to AMD support about old parts?

Thanks,

Emmett

0 Likes

AMD Forums is moderated by two AMD Technical Support Engineers. They are probably very aware of your Post. They are the ones that can advise you on what you are requesting.

The AMD Moderators are:

ray_m

amdmatt

Have you tried to contact AMD Support through email : Email Form . This is the best way to get a reply back from AMD Support.

0 Likes

When I go to the link to FindChips, for the AMD chip part number it does indicate whether it is RoHS compliant. Towards the bottom of the list it shows in green "RoHS Not Compliant' here is a copy of one of the list from FindChips (I changed the color from Green to Orange to Highlight it for you):

Verical ECIA (NEDA) Member • Authorized Distributor

Part #ManufacturerDescriptionStockPriceBuy

AM186CU-50KDW C

AMDHE22266Buy Now
AM186CU-40KDW CAMDAM186CU-40KDW C12988Buy Now
AM186CU-50KCW CAMDAM186CU-50KCW C21566Buy Now
AM186CU-40KIW CAMDAM186CU-40KIW C96
  • 1$20.0000
  • 10$17.6500
  • 50$16.6700
Buy Now
AM186CU-25KCW CAMDAM186CU-25KCW C3541
  • 8$4.2300
Buy Now
AM186CU-40KCW CAMD

MCU 16-bit E86 CISC ROMLess 3.3V 160-Pin PQFP Tray

RoHS:Not Compliant

11301Buy Now

Also:

AM186CU-40KCW C

AMD

MCU 16-bit E86 CISC ROMLess 3.3V 160-Pin PQFP Tray

0Buy Now

AM186CU-25KIW C

AMD

High-Performance, 80C186-Compatible 16-Bit Embedded Communications Controller

0Buy Now

AM186CU-25KIW C

AMD

High-Performance, 80C186-Compatible 16-Bit Embedded Communications Controller

0Buy Now
0 Likes

Hi elstaci,

I saw that page.

Unfortunately I can't take findchips word for it.

I need docs from AMD.

Thanks,

Emmett

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Please submit an e-ticket to see if we can provide the information you are looking for.

Global Technical Support

0 Likes

Hi AMDMatt,

Thanks for that link, I could not find anything like that on the website.

However, it crashes when the language option is english.

I selected espanol and entered english responses.

Thanks,

Emmett

0 Likes

amdmatt​ this is the error I am getting when I also go to Global Technical Support in English. Spanish works fine:

Runtime Error

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->  <configuration> <system.web> <customErrors mode="Off"/> </system.web> </configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->  <configuration> <system.web> <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/> </system.web> </configuration>
0 Likes