Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

sg73
Adept I

Ghost Recon Wildlands crashes with drivers later than 17.11.1

Hi all,

I quite recently bought Ubisofts Ghost Recon Wildlands for my pc, and I experienced a multitude of issues with the game crashing at certain points. The biggest issue was that it was impossible to even start a new campaign without physically disconneting from internet.

We had a 3 page thread dedicated to this on Ubisofts forum

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1862814-After-Selecting-Campaign-Game-Freezes-on-Loading-Scree...

and also on a thread on Steam.

The common thing for all of us experiencing these issues were we are all running Radeon RX570 cards. The solution? Roll back to driver 17.11.1 and now the game runs flawlessly. Advance to newer drivers and the crashes instantly returns.

So I would like to ask about this both from the community here, as well as hoping to get an official response from someone at AMD, why this is happening with this particular game, and if something is being done about it, or if there exists any workarounds that would allow me and others to install newer drivers?

My system:
Windows 10 pro (swedish)
CPU: Intel Xeon 5650
GPU: Gigabyte RX570 Gaming 4 gig
Memory: 24 gigabyte ram

0 Likes
1 Solution

If you want to engage with AMD you need to open a support ticket on this: Email Form    These forums are just users like you. The driver team does not read these.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

If you want to engage with AMD you need to open a support ticket on this: Email Form    These forums are just users like you. The driver team does not read these.

Thank you, will give it a shot.

0 Likes
pietka23
Adept II

There is exactly the same issue with RX570 and Assassin's Creed Origins (both games use the same engine). Game is crashing with drivers later than 17.11.1. Game Crash! (Driver ver. 18.2.1)

I've  sent a support ticket to at the very least make AMD aware of the issue, but I would think they already know about it. Will see if they get back to me about it.

0 Likes

I would think that the more people that have the same issue moves the issue up in urgency so I always enter a support ticket, I do it again when a new driver comes out that still doesn't fix an issue.