Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

razorxtreme
Journeyman III

HELP! I just lose 512MB of my VRAM

Hey guys,i need your help here.

I have a VRAM problem today, after i cleaned up my PC from dusts,i start it up to play GTA V just when i realized it unusually lagging.i checked the graphics setting and it says i have 512MB memory although i actually have 1GB. earlier i think its just an error but when i checked dxdiag and GPU-Z it shows the same thing.When it's brand new,it shows that i have 1024MB of VRAM but  now it's 512MB. Any help? thanks btw

===================================================================================================================================================

Here are my specs:

Processor : AMD A8-7650K APU with Radeon R7 Graphics (4C+6G) 10-core processor (the VRAM used to be 1024MB when brand new,it's 512MB now)

Motherboard : ASRock FM2A68M-DG3+

Ram : 6GB

HDD : 160GB Hitachi DeskStar + 320GB Seagate Pipeline HD".2

PSU : 450W

0 Likes
2 Replies

Try updating your APU driver from AMD Support. You can download the latest from here: APU . Also see if you can update the AMD Chipset. You can download it from the same page at the apu driver under "Optional Downloads".

@BlackZion mentioned about using the BIOS. Here is a PDF Link to your Manual for your Motherboard : http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/Manual/FM2A68M-DG3+.pdf .

This is the only part of the BIOS that seems to relate to GPU Memory from the link above:

0 Likes

Adjust the VRAM size in BIOS.

0 Likes