cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

niksan29
Adept II

the total amount of RAM is not displayed ...

available 7.95gb  of 16gb,the memory modules are absolutely identical Samsung M471A1K43CB1-CRC (ddr4 2400 8gb), laptop asus GL702ZC, reset BIOS settings and msconfig does not help...

0 Likes
1 Solution

Have you put the modules in one at a time by themselves to see if it is a module issue? If it is not then you likely have a bad dimm slot and need to talk with asus about an RMA if still under warranty.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies

Have you put the modules in one at a time by themselves to see if it is a module issue? If it is not then you likely have a bad dimm slot and need to talk with asus about an RMA if still under warranty.

0 Likes

individually each of the modules works in any of the slots ...

0 Likes

Not really sure what to offer then it seems pretty odd. Did that memory ever show correctly and now doesn't. If it did, did it stop after a system change like a windows update or software install? Have you run a malware scan? You could from and elevated command prompt run sfc.exe /scannow and check you windows installation for corruption. You already set that laptop bios to defaults so I would definitely be opening a support ticket with ASUS. Their support is one of the better ones out there. They should be able to help you out. I suggest you ask them. They are the expert with the device they made. Some other things you can try though is booting  to Ubuntu linux from a USB drive or DVD and see if the memory is not shown there correctly or not. That would at least tell if if maybe you have some weird OS corruption with Windows?

0 Likes

I sent a request to asus, by the way, only 8gb is displayed in the BIOS...

0 Likes

Hopefully they have a bios update to offer you.

0 Likes
noodles59
Miniboss

Probably a ram compatibility issue - is there a compatibility list for this device?

0 Likes

тот же модуль устанавливается с завода

0 Likes

Тогда у вас есть неисправный ноутбук - замените его!

0 Likes