Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

razor_22ß1
Adept I

RX 580 crashes and shows coloured screen

Hello everybody,

I recently bought a RX 580 Red Devil 8GB card.

When I play games like Escape from Tarkov, Rainbow Six Siege or Farcry 5 the card crashes and I get a randomly coloured screen (red, blue, yellow, brown).

It seems like it resolved the issue by increasing the power level by 50% for Rainbow Six and Farcry, but yesterday Escape from Tarkov crashed. I play

the game in 1080p resolution with medium detail.

It doesn't crash in Timespy, Furmark or Heavenbench. Only in games.

I saw that this seems to be a common problem for the RX 480 but I didn't see any topics for the 580

Please help, i want to keep the card.

Computer:

Corsair VS550 550w Power supply

8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 Ram

Intel i5 3550

Fujitsu D2990 Mainboard

Radeon Software Version: 18.2.1

11 Replies
Hardwood
Paragon

RETURN IT!  RETURN IT NOW!!!

My experience with powercolor is "first to break".

My Asus Rx580 never crashes, never makes strange screen, plays all Far Cry games, Seige and all the rest with no issues.

anecdote:

My powercolor 290x failed 1 week after warranty expired. Never did get a response from email to the company.

ASUS TUF X570 wifi, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, ASRock 6700XT Challenger, Antec Truepower new 700w. 32GB
0 Likes

Played Kingdom Come Deliverance for hours today, no problems.

0 Likes

/crosses fingers...

ASUS TUF X570 wifi, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, ASRock 6700XT Challenger, Antec Truepower new 700w. 32GB
0 Likes
razor_22ß1
Adept I

Does anybody else have the same issue and fixed it?

My card seems to be running fine now, but I'd like to read some fixes from other people

0 Likes

You did the right thing raising the power limit. This is something that is pretty much universally needed under recent to current drivers, since early last year. The other things that help are these:

set you system power plan to "High Performance"

Turn off "Fast Startup" Windows 10 only

Disable Hibernation in sleep settings.

Disable Windows 10 Game features like DVR and others etc. The game setting are in the system settings the little gear icon in start menu.

------------

In addition to the power limit setting it offten helps on those 580's to set the red temperature sliders to (max) left slider to  70 and the right one (min) all the way down, I think that's 45.

------------

If that doesn't get you stable I might would question if you are getting enough power from the power supply. Even though you have a decent brand you are right on the minimum edge of the requirements for that card and if that unit is getting older it could possible be weaker than it was.

from there if that doesn't do it, I would RMA or return the card.

0 Likes

RMA would be a bad option. I bought it used...

0 Likes

Well that sucks, all that stuff I suggest is what I had to do with my RX 580 so I do know it makes a real difference. Good luck!

0 Likes

Which PSU do you have in your system?

0 Likes
ronk
Journeyman III

Ok I'll give you a quick fix for the colored screen error which happens in usually most of the rx 480-580 with old motherboards. I do not suggest or take any responsability for these fixes which has solved issues on my end. 480's bios settings are bad so flashing it to a 580 bios will do the fix.(TOP OC for strix on my end) + In your AMD radeon wattman settings there are 7 states. Set the frequency to dynamic. and set last 5 states(say from state 3 to state 7) just a little lower from your top frequency. My Max frequency is 1410. I have set mine to.

State 0 min :N/A

State 1:750

State 2:1050

State 3:1350

State 4:1350

State 5:1350

State 6:1350

State 7 Max:1350

-do these at your own risk-

edit: oh and whenever in any circumstances does you radeonsettings.exe stop wroking and get a crash you will have to do the settings again. Since they will reset to the old state. You can save a wattman profile setting for ease.

I had red screens brown screens light blue screens, almost every color in the rainbow showed up on my screen on Overwatch and the fixes I described solved my issue. Even had to rma a working card because I didnt know the issue. (It was a faulty card anyway I think, because it got rma'd lol..) I dont believe this to be an issue for lets say 7th + gen intel or ryzen cpu's with a good motherboard(and ram ofc). Because that is what I lack at the moment. So underclocking the gpu kinda fixes up the bottleneck issue on the motherboard/cpu which gives a unwilling compatability between pc parts.

Sorry for the english.

Good luck

0 Likes
AyushSharma12345
Journeyman III

MY Rx580 have same issue when ever. I play heavy game my system get crash and displays show some solid colour's  if anyone have any solution please help!! 

my specs

CPU=AMD Ryzen 3500h

Ram=16gb corsair 3000mhz

motherboard=B450M pro m2 max

PSU=700W

0 Likes