Did you mean: 

Processors

jhovanylol
Adept I

How do i update my BIOS for ryzen+ ?

I have a GA-A320M-HD2 but i dont know how to update my bios for ryzen+

0 Likes
9 Replies

Go to Gigabyte Support and input your Motherboard. Here is the link: GA-A320M-HD2 (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global .

Under "Utilities" you can download the program that is used to update your BIOS on your Motherboard. Make sure the CPU your are going to use is compatible with your Motherboard and BIOS Version.

According to your Motherboard Manual, you can use either Gigabyte Q-Flash or @BIOS program to update and flash your Motherboard's BIOS.

Here is an picture from your Motherboard's Manual:

0 Likes

Is there any risk to do something to my Mother Board if i dont really know how to do it?

0 Likes

My advice is DON'T UPDATE YOUR BIOS if you never done it. Have someone else show you how to do it that has done it before.

If you make a Newbie mistake while updating the Motherboard's BIOS, You may end up with a useless Motherboard. Some Motherboards you can reflash a bad BIOS update. Some you can't.

Today's BIOS Flashing software make it fairly easy to flash and update a Motherboard's BIOS. But you do need to know what you are doing in case something goes wrong.

What is the reason why you want to update your Motherboard's BIOS?

0 Likes

Because i'll buy a Ryzen 2600, and it says that i need to update my bios for it

0 Likes

Excellent reason for updating the BIOS.

Hey, it is your decision. Make sure you follow the instructions correctly from Gigabyte Q-Flash or @BIOS on how to flash your BIOS.

Once you do it for the first time you will be more confident in doing it in the future. It is fairly quick and easy as long as nothing goes wrong.

This is the most important part about flashing the BIOS:

Once the BIOS is in the process of being updated. MAKE SURE THE COMPUTER DOESN'T SHUTDOWN OR LOSE POWER during the process or the BIOS Update is NOT INTERRUPTED by any means during the update.

Q-Flash is probably the safest method. @BIOS is probably the easiest but a little bit more riskier since the BIOS update can be interrupted by something occurring in Windows during the process.

0 Likes

When i try to install the @bios, the installion freezes like this:

@bios.png

0 Likes

Man, I can't help you. I don't have a Gigabyte Motherboard so I have no idea how that BIOS update program works. There are many Users here that use a similar Gigabyte Motherboards and they may be able to assist you.

You can always go to Gigabyte Forum website and ask them about the problem you are having. They may be able to help update your BIOS on your Gigabyte Motherboard.

If your BIOS wasn't corrupted when you tried to update it. Try using Q-Flash. It may work better than @BIOS since it done before Windows loads up.

0 Likes

Flash BIOS from windows... YOLO...

Do this from BIOS itself.

0 Likes

I updated my BIOS with Q-Flash, Thank you guys

0 Likes