cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

szilla
Journeyman III

how can i buy 2700x whitault cooler

Will be released the ryzen 2700x whitault cooler? Or much better: whit Noctua cooler? If i buying now a 2700x , i got a totaly unwanted cooler... i dont want useless shiny and very loud cooler. The wraith prism cooler on max rpm has 47dBA. The Noctua NH-D15 SE-AM4 on max rpm has 24,6 dB(A)  whitault LNA. Whit LNA only 19,2 dB(A).  47 dB almost the normal human voice power....

0 Likes
5 Replies

Tried googling Whitault LNA CPU Cooler and nothing came up.

Here is Tom's Hardware Review of the best CPU Coolers for 2018 which I included because it is easy to compare the various coolers: Best CPU Coolers 2018 - Air and Liquid Cooling Systems

0 Likes

thats shame...  i wont put to my chasis a cooler whit led...

0 Likes

szilla, I am sorry. I misunderstood your message. I realize you were translating from your native language. AMD probably includes the CPU Wraith Cooler so that people who purchase the CPU will be able to install it with a matching CPU Cooler instead of having to purchase one separately.

As I mentioned to pokester​ , You can alway sell the Wraith Stock CPU Cooler on Ebay or Amazon and use that money towards payment of a more expensive, quieter CPU Cooler. The AMD Wraith CPU Cooler is not sold separately to the public. I once tried to see how much it would cost to purchase a Wraith CPU cooler and couldn't find anywhere that sold it separately.

Maybe in the future, not all of the newest AMD CPU will have a CPU Cooler as part of the purchase price.

0 Likes

I think maybe they are asking if you can buy an oem processor WITHOUT a cooler. That they don't want to pay for a cooler they won't use. It is all that makes sense to me. To that I only know of the boxed processors that come with a cooler. I will say that I have seen and heard the wraith coolers and would not characterize them as useless or loud. IMHO they are probably the best cooler to ever ship with a processor from any maker. Can you get better coolers of course. I would also remind that you can resell those coolers really easy on ebay too. So it isn't really money wasted.

0 Likes

Oh, Whitault meant WITHOUT. My mistake. Thanks pokester​ for correcting my error. LoL, I was wondering, I never heard of Whitault LNA cooler before.

The price of the CPU already includes the Wraith Cooler. He doesn't need to use the stock cooler with the new CPU. I am sure he can sell it on Amazon or Ebay to help pay for a more expensive and quieter Cooler.

0 Likes