Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

ben3ab
Journeyman III

Replacement R9 295x2 red VRM Fan

Hey Guys,

Been all over the internet looking for one of those red fans in the shroud of the 295x2 as my one died and just can't find anything.

If anyone knows of where to buy one or something that'll work in it's place that would be really appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Ben

0 Likes
7 Replies
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Have you tried looking on Ebay for spares or 295's sold as faulty for spares?

0 Likes

Hi, Thanks for your reply.

Yeah, I have looked on eBay and other similar sites with nothing promising. I have also contacted pretty much every manufacturer of the card with no luck.

0 Likes

I had a similar situation with a Visiontek HD7850. It has only one fan and I couldn't find anywhere the dimensions to buy a replacement. Needed to go to Visiontek Support and under Warranty they send me a completely new shroud with fan and heatsink. I first asked Visiontek what size fan they used on the HD7850 but couldn't or wouldn't tell me. That is when they offered to send me a new shroud. Replaced it and the GPU works like new again.

You mentioned you went to the GPU Manufacturer's Support and they said they can't replace the fan or sell you a new Shroud?  That is kinda hard to believe since they are the one that manufactured the R9 and should have parts for it.

Found this YouTube from AMD RED TEAM about replacing the fans on your GPU card with a replacement. AMD Radeon R9 295x2 Fan Replacement Shootout - YouTube

0 Likes

Hey,

From all of the manufacturers I talked to ( XFX - who made mine - Asus, MSI, Diamond, they denied me anything. XFX said that the card was End Of Life and the rest said that they couldn't sell me anything or had none left...

I didn't think to contact Visiontek, so I might send them a message hoping they can do something.

Thanks for the YouTube link, but it is just comparing different fans on the radiator of the card, I need a replacement shroud fan.

0 Likes

Sorry about the Youtube. I thought it was mentioning the various types of shroud fans that were compatible with the shroud.

Visiontek sells R9 GPU cards but not the 295 version (380X & 390X). But maybe one of the later versions might fit on the 295 GPU card or the fan will interchangeable.

If worse comes to worse. You can remove the old broken fan and install a new fan on the outside of the shroud and connect the fan to the mobo directly. You can drill four small holes on the outside cover and with long screws with nuts attach the fan to the shroud. Don't know if this will work or how well it will work. Or as someone commented, replace the shroud with a water-cooler.

0 Likes

0 Likes

I can't advice you since I don't have that card with me physically to be able to tell if that replacement fan will work or not.

0 Likes