Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

martinduboiskms
Journeyman III

How to enable DirectGMA on my WX5100 using the Ubuntu Driver version 16.50

Bonjour,

I am working on a Linux device driver for a PCIe cart. I want to add a feature allowing the PCIe card to write data directly into the AMD WX5100 card memory using the DirectGMA technology. I already did it on Windows without problem.

I work on a Linux computer using Ubuntu 16.04.4 with kernel 4.4.0.87. I installed the amdgpu-pro driver version 16.50. It work fine. I now need to enable the DirectGMA extension. The documentation said to use amdconfig but I do not have amdconfig on my system.

The amdgpu module parameters include a parameter for the DirectGMA memory windows size. I set it to 96 MB using a boot option but this did not enable the extension.

How can I enable the DirectGMA extension on my WX5100 when using the 16.50 Ubuntu amdgpu-pro driver?

Thanks in advance

Martin

0 Likes
1 Solution

Found this Forum in the past that deals with AMD Drivers & Linux problems. Maybe you can post your question there and get help.: https://www.phoronix.com/forums/ .

I don't know anything about Linux programming. Many people here at the Forum do and they may be able to aid you.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies

This is from AMD Support on how to Enable DirectGMA on Linux: Radeon PRO SSG Setup Under Linux

0 Likes

Thanks,

I just tried what the link describe but this did not help me. Based on what I saw in /sys/module/amdgpu/parameters, the amdgpu-pro driver version 16.50 do not support the "ssg" parameter.

Whish version do you use?

Do you know how to process with version 16.50?

Thanks in advance,

Martin

0 Likes

Found this Forum in the past that deals with AMD Drivers & Linux problems. Maybe you can post your question there and get help.: https://www.phoronix.com/forums/ .

I don't know anything about Linux programming. Many people here at the Forum do and they may be able to aid you.

0 Likes

Thanks,

I just posted my question on the phoronix's forum. Thanks for the link. I was not knowing this forum and it really seems to be a very good sources of information.

Martin

0 Likes