cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

high performance mode crashes lots of my games

Since like 2 or 3 days ago I am having an annoying problem with amd drivers. Basically what happens is that whenever I turn High Perfomance Mode in switchable graphics options the game won't run and will crash otherwise although this doesn't happen with every game , but with the "bigger" games (tested so far: Far Cry 4 , Far Cry Primal , Deus Ex Human Revolution , Sleeping Dogs , Pro Evolution Soccer 2018). I also noticed that switching to Power Saving makes the game works , but they have very low fps (except Far Cry Primal where I can change the graphics card used in options).

So far I cleared the drivers with DDU and installed drivers from manufacturer , but that didn't help. I also tried checking Bios , but there's nothing graphics related so I am at loss here as I don't know what happened and how to fix this

Help is Appreciated

0 Likes
10 Replies

Dell Inspiron 15R 5537 (laptop)

GPU1: Intel HD Graphics Family

GPU2: AMD RADEON HD 8670M    [Current Driver Ver. 15.201.1101 ,A01 (catalyst control center) before downgrading Driver Ver. Adrenalin Edition 18.2.1)

RAM: 6GB

Motherboard: Dell 0RKNTK

Bios: Dell A06

CPU: Intel Core i5 4200U

Power Supply: Dell LA90PM111   90W-AC

Display: 1366x768 @60Hz

Sorry about that. I completely forgot

0 Likes

These would be the latest driver for your 8670 > Never install the 'minimal setup'

Download Drivers

You must update the Intel driver through this link Laptop graphics update...How to and it must be installed before the AMD driver is installed.

Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

0 Likes

kingfish wrote:

These would be the latest driver for your 8670 > Never install the 'minimal setup'

Download Drivers

Screenshot_7.png

You must update the Intel driver through this link Laptop graphics update...How to and it must be installed before the AMD driver is installed.

Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

Unfortunately this did not help

0 Likes

Have you tried the most recent driver from dell for you laptop? Often laptops have customized driver changes made by the laptop maker not by AMD to support changes they make that alter them from reference designs. I would load the last driver from dell. I realize that it is from late 2015 but you will at least know then if it is a driver issue or not. Support for Inspiron 15R 5537 | Drivers & downloads | Dell US

0 Likes

pokester wrote:

Have you tried the most recent driver from dell for you laptop? Often laptops have customized driver changes made by the laptop maker not by AMD to support changes they make that alter them from reference designs. I would load the last driver from dell. I realize that it is from late 2015 but you will at least know then if it is a driver issue or not. Support for Inspiron 15R 5537 | Drivers & downloads | Dell US

I am currently using the drivers from dell website

UPDATE:

I decided to look deeper into this and so I checked through Event Viewer and this is what shows up:

Faulting application name: FarCry4.exe, version: 0.1.0.1, time stamp: 0x54e37481

Faulting module name: d3d11.dll, version: 10.0.16299.248, time stamp: 0x91f7d981

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00000000000dc671

Faulting process id: 0x3568

Faulting application start time: 0x01d3de2346b46d55

Faulting application path: C:\Games\Far Cry IV\bin\FarCry4.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\d3d11.dll

Report Id: 0b3215c4-efa3-46f3-9aad-9fca530a0df3

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

So am I right to assume that there's something wrong with directx11?

[My DirectX version: 12]

0 Likes

I truly couldn't say one way or the other. Did you load that Dell driver? You could open a support ticket and send AMD  that information and see if they can offer advice: Email Form

0 Likes

I am loss I have opened a support ticket and did everything they suggested , but unfortunately it kind of did not help...

Currently I Have updated my Windows 10 version , Bios Version and AMD drivers to 18.4.1 .

Some other games are giving me error logs that say: d3d11.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005) in module d3d11.dll at 0033:db7953d8. 

and there are also crash dumps.

I am going to attach these crash dumps and error logs here:

https://www80.zippyshare.com/v/pQva2XOT/file.html

hopefully it's not a problem that this is a link to zippyshare.

0 Likes

[FIXED]

Thanks to someone in OBS forums who told me to uninstall D3D GEAR fixed the problem!

So for anyone having same problems try UNINSTALLING D3D GEAR

[FIXED]

Sorry for my question but D3D Gear is a software coming with the windows or not ? as i have the same problem and i couldn't until now fix it

0 Likes