cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

captainher0
Journeyman III

18.2.1 game profiles are ignored, only 'global settings' affect gameplay.

Hello,

I am using 18.2.1 with R9 295X2GPU, Winblow$ 10 64bit. It seems only the 'Global Settings' affect game-play and crossfire. If crossfire mode is turned ON in global settings, then no matter what game I launch via its custom profile, they all boot in crossfire mode.

World of Tanks is UNPLAYABLE in crossfire mode, even with the WOT crossfire profile selected, the ground and sky are triangles and they flicker black so fast I'm gonna have an epileptic seizure.

So I set the custom WOT profile to DISABLE crossfire. When I enable the profile for WOT, (making sure the other games profiles are disabled) I select "launch" from the profile and the game starts... in crossfire mode....!!!!!

The ONLY way to stop this game (or any other) from playing crossfire, is to go to global settings and disable crossfire globally. I have to enable/disable the global settings for each game I play like Fallout 4 etc... so it would seem that the custom profiles, actually do nothing at all.

0 Likes
13 Replies

I know the problem and have reported it to AMD support. The 'Frame rate Target Control" is also experiencing the same issue. No setting in the 'profile' will over ride the 'Global' setting. If you set the FRTC in Global...it works in every game. If you set it in the 'profile'...it has no effect.

The response from AMD:

Response and Service Request History:

I would like to inform you that I have filed a report on this issue internally. Please rollback to the prior working drivers, and wait for the future driver releases.

Thank you.

Please report your issue here > Email Form

0 Likes

Well, the 18.4.1 drivers did not fix the issue I am having with the game profiles not overriding the global settings. How about you?

0 Likes

Thank you for the info, I have not tried anything as far as troubleshooting since my last post. I have gotten in the habit of global adjustments before changing games and have been busy rebuilding the PC hardware etc…

I do not believe AMD is totally at fault here though. The latest WinBlow$ 10 build is causing havoc with other software as well. The ASUS AI Suite for my MOBO drivers, utilities and fan controllers is a wreck. It required a lengthy process to get it working again, with custom utilities written by the ASUS ROG community.

I may attempt a similar feat with the Radeon software. As well as “un-blocking” the .zip before unpacking.

I have one question: did you run the DDU tool and CCleaner on the registry before installing the 18.4.1?

Thanks!

0 Likes

Yes I did....and I have Win7.

0 Likes

Thank you. Good to know.

Another question Sir: Was the .zip “unblocked” before extraction?

The ASUS MOBO software would not work without this being done. Having a gaming rig without fan control was…. upsetting to say the least. I wonder if something similar is happening here.

This is the KB update that broke the ASUS software: KB4056892 (Intel Patch)

It is also applied to all Winblow$ products: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4073757/protect-your-windows-devices-against-spectre-meltdown

This causes bad DLLs and addresses that even CCleaner can’t solve or even see it seems.

0 Likes

Check for system corruption...run  sfc /scannow in a command prompt ​as Administrator.​ If there are files that were found that could not be fixed, then Fix SFC /scannow errors that were not repaired

I confirmed this issue on Win10 and a R9 390 and another with R9-295x2.... and Win7 R9 290.

MLAA no effect in game Profile...works in Global

FRTC no effect in game Profile...works in Global

0 Likes

I did the SFC/Scannow last week, system found nothing out of the ordinary. That was the 18.2.1 software though.

On Wednesday (5-2-2018) I’ll have more time to do fresh installs and play around with the procedures and see if I can get it to run properly like the ASUS MOBO software.

Thanks!

0 Likes

This problem is still around with 18.7.1. I'm replying here relating more to the the FRTC problem. I've realized that FRTC doesn't work for me on a per game basis because the game profiles in Radeon Settings just plain old don't work. I've tested a few games, in a couple the game profiles does work like in RE5 for example, but the profiles are not working in most other games.

AMD going to fix? I don't think this could be something in our systems that can be interfering with Radeon Settings game profiles only. Seems like a problem with Radeon Settings software to me.

0 Likes

As I mentioned to you on your other post, 18.7.1 fixed the issue for me on Win7. All Game Profiles are now overriding the Global settings...as they should. This also fixed the issue with Win10 and RX480 on another computer. I suspect your issue is not the driver. Asus tweak software is the likely cause.

0 Likes

I don't even have Asus GPU. I don't use Asus Tweak Software or any other 3rd Party GPU OCing software installed. Besides, FRTC fix isn't even in the list of fixed issues for 18.7.1 or even in the known issues because it's definitely an issue.

Can you do me a favor and see when you say it's working, is the FRTC in the global settings change according to the game you play that has FRTC enabled? For example, when you launch a game that has FRTC at 60fps, does it change in the global setting to 60fps after your are done playing?

This happened to me when I was playing Hellblade with FRTC at 30FPS when I first installed 18.7.1, It worked but it also turned global setting to 30FPS as well, I disabled that because I didn't want it locking every game to 30fps but after that it hasn't worked again. This is really frustrating.

0 Likes

No..it does not change the setting in Global.

I have been reporting this issue for months...dealing with AMD support. The issue is fixed.

If you don't have the computer set-up the OP has...then you should post elsewhere as it is assumed you do.

"I do not believe AMD is totally at fault here though. The latest WinBlow$ 10 build is causing havoc with other software as well. The ASUS AI Suite for my MOBO drivers, utilities and fan controllers is a wreck. It required a lengthy process to get it working again, with custom utilities written by the ASUS ROG community."

Your problem is not the drivers.

0 Likes

Everything for me its pointing to the drivers. I've had this issue for pretty much a couple years now. Since near launch of RX 480 and I had a completely different system then, I've since went from Core i7 and Asus board to now Ryzen with Gigabyte board and I never use the Mobo software monitoring because I know what issues those things cause in general.

I've reported it a couple times, nothing came from it. Only constant in this issue IS the AMD drivers for me, doesn't matter what Windows 10 Update it was, I've has this same issue.....

0 Likes

All I can tell you is that it works now in

Win7/R9 290x

Win10 / RX480

Win10 R9 390

It never worked (recently) before the 18.7.1 drivers. All Game Profile settings now override the Global settings.

And AMD does not list everything that was fixed in the 'read me' file.

0 Likes