Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

diede03
Journeyman III

ryzen 5 2400g stuttering

Hey, I have recently build my own pc with a ryzen 5 2400g

and when i was trying to play fortnite, I saw a lot of stutters.

Every 10 seconds or so, my frame rate would drope from 60 to like 17 or 18 fps for one or two seconds

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Or does amd have to fix this with a driver update

0 Likes
6 Replies
m_a
Journeyman III

You have to set cpu ratio in motherboard (like 3600mhz not auto) if your moyherboard doesnt support oc like asus a320 go watch this How to fix stuttering Ryzen 3 2200G & Ryzen 5 2400G (Asus A320). Works on all B350/X370 - YouTube

0 Likes
kev012in
Journeyman III

What's your system specs? At least someone attempted to answer your question here. I think there's a problem in the agesa code or bios issues. I'm experiencing the same problem. I've tried manually setting frequencies, disabling turbo, cool and quiet, and global p states. What's happening is your apu is throttling the cpu and gpu frequencies for some reason. You can verify this by installing HWinfo. Run a benchmark such as Heaven and start recording on HWinfo right before starting the benchmark. You'll see Heaven will start fine but after a few minutes the FPS will drop down to 3-5 for a few seconds before ramping back up. After the benchmark look at your recording of HWinfo and you'll be able to see the cpu and gpu throttle at the same exact time. It sucks, I wish AMD and bios makers would figure this out. It's a real problem. Sorry I couldn't help but I'm in the exact same situation as you.

0 Likes
kev012in
Journeyman III

Tom's hardware talks about this as well. Halfway down the page they address it in their review.

Summary & Conclusion - AMD Raven Ridge Thermal/Power Analysis: Ryzen CPUs With Vega

0 Likes
aoshi1992
Journeyman III

Well I fixed mine, it was just an vrm without heatsing and a tower cooling, its overheated and dowcloaked for a little while, with a better cooling and one more fan on the tower cooler blowing in the general vicinity temps whent from 110c to 65 and now it does not downclock anymore

0 Likes

Glad you got it figured out. I sadly could not and I gave up on it. The department store I bought it from has a generous 30 day return policy so I returned it a few days after my post. I now have a 2600 Overclocked to 4.1 ghz paired with a gtx 1060 6gb and I have no issues at all anymore. My vrm temps with the 2400 never exceeded 68C so I think my chip was just a dud. Much happier now.

0 Likes

I have the Ryzen 5 2400g and Iv'e also gotten that same issue... However when I set an XMP profile (same as D.O.C.P on Asus motherboards) to the same clock speed as your ram and then gave the GPU 2GB of VRAM *DISCLAIMER* do not set a D.O.C.P/XMP profile to 2GB of ram UNLESS you have 16GB of ram because it's system ram... Another thing I did was turned the turbo mode to off and set a manual/custom cpu and gpu clock speed.... *DISCLAIMER* My overclock settings are for reference only so make sure and start overclocking from 1320mhz in 20Mhz increments all the way until you find a point that is not unstable... but high enough to run your game smoothly.

This fixed everything for me as long as I continue to keep up with motherboard driver updates, Ryzen driver updates, and my BIOS updates I should and you should be just fine...

Feel free to contact me, my email is right on my profile page.

If the problem persists AMD will have a new set of drivers that will be released in sometime November or maybe even sooner.

GPU clock speed my hardware can handle: 1640Mhz

CPU clock speed my hardware can handle: 4.0Ghz

1. Asus TUF-B450M Motherboard

2. Ryzen 5 2400g

3. (2x8) 16GB G.Skill Trident-Z RGB 3200Mhz Ram

4. 650W 80+ Gold RGB PSU from Thermaltake

5. CoolerMaster ML240L RGB Liquid cooler

6. 2TB WD Black HDD

7. 256GB WD Black M.2 SSD

8. Fractal Define Meshify C Black Tempered Glass