Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

steev_666
Adept I

Radeon Settings Unresponsive on high number of games installed

If you install more than 100 games the Radeon Settings become totally unusable

Actually i have 1550 Games installed on my computer and i just can no more use it

When you try to get on Radeon Config> Games ..... It just hang like forever, (" The More games u have, more time it takes ") and it happen on Overclock settings too

0 Likes
5 Replies

the number of games installed should have no bearing on the machine, assuming you have enough storage for them all

i suspect there is something else wrong, as for the software, i suggest removing the Radeon fluff as it is of no real value, and then go on an play games which is what I do lots of

0 Likes
steev_666
Adept I

I usually do, but also i OC the VGA to play on 4K or 2560x1536, an get stable FPS

I go to Radeon Settings> GAMES (Must Wait) > Global Config > WattMan (Wait Again) > Load Profile.... And load my Saved Profiles for X game, It loads Fast i only had the problen when i need to pass over the GAMES menu where all your installed games appear, and if i click again when its loading the radeon settings stop working and i need to start again

Saddly there is no other way to load a profile, and i need to pass trough games every time

also i notice the problem apears if you leave the WattMan open for a wile, when you try to focuse on the window it wil hang for a wile and get unresponsive but after some time it respond again

0 Likes

if you are playing at 1440p you may need a more powerful GPU if you need to overclock

a lot of games have insane settings aimed more for benchmarking than gaming

0 Likes

Yes you are absolutely correct. Radeon Settings itself becomes extremely bogged down and crashes constantly when it has larger numbers of games on the profiles tab. I have experienced this (in fact I fight it every day still) it has been like this since it came out and is still not fixed. Don't know why, as many have brought this up before. I turn in a new support ticket every new driver release (which they ignore) I suggest you do the same. I have never understood why they put the global settings off this tab as it makes it a real challenge to make changes. Luckily once you get things dialed in, it becomes only a minor issue. I though I had a lot of games at over 500!

0 Likes

I have a lot of games, I run a popular high traffic gaming site.

I also do not use any fluff from AMD or NVIDIA when testing drivers, both have crapware than cannot cope with a hardcore gamer

0 Likes