cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

zealot
Adept I

RX 580 HDMI Scaling bug, forgets where it should be, problem only with RX580

In December 2017 I purchased two Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 8GB, and I immediately noticed an issue with the new card: the HDMI Scaling with this monitor always needed to be set to 5%, but with the 580(s) it forgets that I set it from 0% to 5%, and whenever I alt-tab or launch games in fullscreen mode or borderless fullscreen mode the drivers forget that the Scaling was set to 5% and shrink the picture to 10% with black bars all around, except the Scaling bar on the Radeon drivers is still in the 5% position.
I always need to move the bar to either side of 5%, then move it back to 5%, then Alt-Tab to another window that is in maximised, then I can Alt-Tab into the game (for example Fallout 4) and I can continue playing without the black borders around the image.

I've had two 6950s, two R9 280X and one Strix Fury (air) with this monitor and this HDMI cable and this problem only started when I got the 580s.

I've tried setting the GPU Workload to both Compute or Graphics but the bug comes back immediately anyway.
I've tried many Adrenalin drivers, all major releases and several minor releases, and it still hasn't been addressed.

I have Windows 10 64-bit version 1709 with Radeon Adrenalin 18.3.4 drivers.
My hardware is a Phenom II X6 1090T, Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z, 2 x 8GB of 1333 MHz RAM, Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB, Corsair AX860 PSU.
Crossfire is set to off.
My monitor is a ViewSonic VX2433wm. Its specs are:

Horizontal Timing Total - 2200

Horizontal Timing Display - 1920

Horizontal Timing Front Porch - 88

Horizontal Timing Sync Width - 44

Vertical Timing Total - 1125

Vertical Timing Display - 1080

Vertical Timing Front Porch - 4

Vertical Timing Sync Width - 5

Horizontal Timing Polarity - Positive

Vertical Timing Polarity - Positive

Interlaced/Progressive - Progressive

G.Pixel Clock (KHz) - 148500

G.Refresh Rate (Hz) - 60

Current HDCP Status - Enabled

Current Link Settings - Not Available

Another thing worth mentioning is that only with the RX 580s do I need to set the Pixel Format to RGB 4:4:4:4 (Full RGB) because the default whenever I install the drivers with a clean install the picture is deformed and purple.

So, is this something that I can sort myself?
If not, any help on how to get the Radeon drivers' @developers to figure out what they forgot to implement on the drivers regarding the RX 580 is appreciated.

0 Likes
2 Replies
zealot
Adept I

So... anyone can give me any guidance please?

0 Likes
zealot
Adept I

Eventually I stopped having this issue with the newest drivers. You took too long AMD, but in the end you came through.

0 Likes