cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

azamalvi
Journeyman III

No displays are currently connected to AMD products.

Recently I have purchased 4K LED, now when I connect my Laptop (also 4k) with HDMI cable then my LED shows 30 Hz refresh rate and it is not smooth also result is not good as it should be. Now when I open my AMD display settings it shows me this error "No displays are currently connected to AMD products."

Below are images of my AMD software/driver.

img1.PNGimg2.PNGimg3.PNG

Both Laptop and LED has 4k resolution. Now please guide me how can I get good view also 60Hz or plus refresh rate on my LED. On Laptop is is showing my 60Hz

0 Likes
8 Replies
paul17041993
Adept III

The HDMI likely runs through the integrated graphics, which only supports 4k30, you should instead use a DisplayPort (DP) cable between the laptop and the 4K display/TV.

0 Likes

Thanks Paul for your answer. Kindly can you please tell me little bit more about that cable. Is that cable is HDMI to DP? Mean HDMI will connect with my Laptop and DP side will connect with my 4K LED?
My laptop only has HDMI port available. It will be good if you send me the link of that cable so that I can purchase it.  

0 Likes

what laptop is this? so I can check the specs...

0 Likes

Sounds like you are not using an HDMI cable capable of more that 30hz. Which is the case if it is a 1.4 cable it is limited to 30hz. I would buy an HDMI 2.1 or later cable. Do not expect to game at that resolution, but you should then be able to have a 4k desktop resolution at 60hz.

0 Likes
azamalvi
Journeyman III

My Laptop model is
Dell Inspiron 7548 4k touch with 4GB AMD Graphic Card and 16GB RAM.

0 Likes

ok, well, seeing as it only has a HDMI 1.4 port, you'll only be able to get 4k30 unless you drop the resolution.
On this particular system as well, the HDMI port comes out of the intel HD graphics, hence why there's 'no displays' on the AMD driver, you'll have to use the intel HD panel to change any display colour settings etc. Additionally, neither the AMD or intel GPUs of that laptop support HDMI 2.0, said support only arrived with the 7th gen intel CPUs (for integrated) and rx400 series for AMD.

plumboby
Miniboss

Your monitor tv what are the specs of it as you may be able to cast to that device in 4k resolution to its possible. Might be another way.

0 Likes

My LED Model is 'Changhong Ruba 58" 4K Smart UHD LED TV (UD58E6500i)'

0 Likes