cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

bk201
Adept I

"You have been logged on with Temporary profile”windows 7 temporary log in profile

hi  guys  in need of help here  my pc has been having  an error at times on starting  it  logs on  and displays the default windows 7  on the task bar there appears a notification stating  You have been logged on with Temporary profile” some  of my  icons  go missing and i  then reboot  once again  and i am then logged on to  my user profile  i have deleted the bak file   from the regedit  but  its still behaves in the same way  particularly  after browsing  using   yandex  browser  what would help ??????????

similarly   i have also re installed windows this is after  my first encounter  which  was yesterday this is actually  my second encounter today after installing windows once again  

my pc is a   hp  6005 pro  microtower  amd athlon II  x2   b24  processor 3.0ghz

2gb of ram   am not sure whether  the fault is because of the ram

2tb harddrive 

operating system is windows 7 

i am using the computer for office work and browsing  

could it be a hardware  error  

could it be because of a start application

please assist 

Message was edited by: brian chui

0 Likes
12 Replies

Have you updated the OS? SP1? Until you get the notice below, you are not updated. You have to set your options in Windows Update to show 'optional' updates as well.

0 Likes

lemii try

and see  will update  you

thanks

0 Likes

hi  it doesent sem to work for me

0 Likes
bubboteam
Adept III

aaaaaaaaaaa but then I'm not the only one!!

man, prepare to curse, I had the same problem and still exists, more and more sympathetic these conflicts between AMD and Windows update, i dont have any more word, NEXT TIME NVIDIA

AMD in recent months it is simply unqualified for periodically harmful support and updates

0 Likes

@bubboteam 

the problem is a persistent error on windows 7 i have seen more people complain about the issue 

0 Likes

Upgrade to Windows 10, windows 7 is ancient history.

0 Likes

I don't know if you did any of the steps mentioned in this Website, but it seems to be pretty thorough in helping to resolve Windows 7 "Profile" issue. ;How to Fix Temporary Profile in Windows 7 (Step by Step Guide)

0 Likes

Thanks removed the .bak file

0 Likes

Not remove or delete the .bak file but just the delete the name extension ".BAK" and rename the Temporary File with a new extension ".NEW" . That way Windows will load the old Profile again.

0 Likes

Is this a legit copy of Win7?

0 Likes

Yes yeah

0 Likes

I had this problem intermittently for the whole time I used Win 7, not just with AMD CPU/GPU, never got to the bottom of it. Win 10 fixes it.

0 Likes