tymkoijn1

My R9 390 may be dead

Discussion created by tymkoijn1 on Apr 16, 2018
Latest reply on Apr 17, 2018 by wimpzilla

So I turned off my computer for the night and when I got up and turned it on it just beeped with a vga debug light. I know the video card was starting to go but I had hoped it would be a litle bit longer, at least till the shortage was finished. however it is strange how it doesnt work. It sometimes works for a little bit then the screen goes black and the fans ramp up to 100%. it stays this way till i turn it off. the first few times it did this i could turn it off then wait 5 mins to turn it back on. i tried troubleshooting by putting another graphics card in that worked but i still havent had a chance to check the power supply to it since the card was an old card that didnt require power, but i have video and everything coming thru fine. I dissassembled the card and replaced the thermal paste and cleaned some corrosion that i found on the card and it turned right back on before crashing the same way. temps we fine only getting to 60c before the card lost video dont want to do much more to it before asking some questions. Hopefully its not completely dead as the 20 dollar gpu i got off ebay 3 years ago i pso i can do my college work wont even run any games.  Does anyone have any Ideas?

Outcomes