cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

alancage
Adept II

My radeon software shows that i m running directx 9 in system options because of which i m not able to play games which have dx10 and 11, like fortnite. Its been 5 days. Can i get some help?

My drivers are updated (didnt download the optional 18.3.4) and so is my windows, my directx is also updated (which comes with windows as well as visual C++) but radeon software is showing that i m using dx9.
I clean installed everything from safe mode and i already formatted my whole PC 3 times to fix this and still the problem remains. I m not able to play this game for 5 days now and i love this game but i cant do anything now. Please help . Its not just fortnite, everygame is crashing or giving me blank screen. I tried using Furmark but the benchmark thingy was blank. When the crashes started it used to give me BSOD about Video TDR error, i dont know what it is but i went everywhere in sites to find the fix. I cleaned my drivers using DDU in safe mode and installed the latest 18.2.1 (not optional because it maybe unstable) radeon software. I did 3 reset of my PC, installing everything from scratch, updating everything but now i can only vist websites and watch youtube. I cant play games, i can just watch others play in youtube .

0 Likes
46 Replies

Everyone (on supported hardware) will have Direct3D 9.14.......

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Ok, so I started my furmark benchmarking tool and it crashed my whole PC. It gave me a BSOD ( Video TDR failure) .... Why this happened??

0 Likes
alancage
Adept II

well, seems like u people are done.... My problem is still here!! I m getting TDR errors alot now. When ever I open a application, any application, it crashes my whole PC. I saw my GPU performance from task manager, it went 100% even with a normal application and then BSOD saying "video TDR error" ... Help here people please!!

0 Likes

This website has good troubleshooting tips. This link concerns Video TDR with AMD Drivers: Fix: VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (ATIKMPAG.SYS) IN WINDOWS 8.1/10 - Appuals.com

If your interested you can take a look otherwise you can ignore my advice as before.

0 Likes

i tried this step, for me there is no "ATI" folder in C:\ or in C:\AMD, i can only find my driver's folder. I searched in search bar about  this file "atikmpag.sy_" but there is nothing like this. And as you know that i reinstalled my drivers many times  after uninstalling old/recent drivers and  folders but  still  the problem persists.

0 Likes

no help??..ok fine, a new thing happen while  i was installing new drivers after uninstalling the previous drivers in safe mode and files. Windows says " Display Driver failed to start;using MIcrosoft   basic display driver instead.  Check  windows update for new drivers", my windows is updated  and still this is happening.  This actually happened when i was installing the new drivers and this popped out. HELP!! i know u guys solve others problems too, but can u please tell me that u can help or not so i wont waste my time .

0 Likes

This is a Forum - User to User.

Sounds like your best bet is to Contact Lenovo Support and open a ticket. You could have a failing GPU Card in laptop.