cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

hellotoomuchtara
Journeyman III

I accidentally uninstalled AMD Fuel using Revo and system restore did not work to bring it back

I apologize in advance about the "required information when posting" which is not included or wrong in this post but I had enough trouble navigating successfully to the point that I am able to post the question here. Computer savvy is what I am NOT!  So, i am including a snip-it with my device information related to AMD, I think. Please, advise of any additional info that is needed to help me, and please tell me how to find it. sorry but I just do not know what all of that stuff "required": is exactly or how to locate it in my computer. 

But here is what happened...

I accidentally uninstalled AMD Fuel with Revo Uninstaller Pro. (amd looks like avg which i was uninstalling)  System restore was completed to the event of uninstall AMD Fuel but I do not see the program as it was previously in any settings. Not in Revo, not in Programs & Features within the control panel. I decided to not dig my hole any deeper than I already had gotten myself with the blunder and am seeking the advice of those who know this language. Is AMD Fuel something I have to have on my computer to function properly or is it related to extraneous features such as games, which I do not use. Please advise. Thank you pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes
1 Reply

Your APU is considered Legacy and you need to allow Microsoft to install the proper driver. The driver contains the AMD fuel program and is in the Overdrive control panel to control power settings. You can Google it.

Windows® 10 Driver for APUs Supporting up to WDDM 1.2 and DirectX® 11

Windows 10 Driver Support for AMD APU Graphics Products

The following AMD APU products with AMD Radeon™ Graphics support up to WDDM 1.2 and DirectX® 11 on Windows 10:

• AMD A4/A6/A8-3000 Series APUs
  • AMD E2-2000 APU
  • AMD E1/E2-1000 Series APUs
  • AMD E-200/300/400 Series APUs
  • AMD C-Series APUs
  • AMD Z-Series APUs

NOTE: These APU products must be installed only using the display driver version available via Windows Update. If you have upgraded to Windows® 10, please DO NOT install the AMD Catalyst™ Driver. Instead, enable Windows Update and allow it to detect and install the appropriate driver.

If you have already upgraded to Windows® 10 and installed the AMD Catalyst™ Driver, please follow the steps listed below to resolve this issu

1. Uninstall the AMD Catalyst™ Driver using the Program and Features option in the Control Pane
  2. Reboot the system
  3. Use Windows Update to install the appropriate graphics driver for the APU.