cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

lnpg87
Adept II

windows 10 replace my MSI RX 480 driver

Me and my brother we have problems, we both have a MSI RX 480 8GB but when we install the lastest driver windows ask to restart and when the computer boot up the video card show warning icon on device manager that means the driver need to be updated 'cause the version found is old than the version that microsoft found.

Need Help Pls.

0 Likes
1 Solution

I have the solutions.

I will show the step that I've followed.

1.- Install the driver version that windows don't overwrite. (2016 date driver).

2.- you need to flash the bios of the video card RX 480 to RX 580.

here is the link to make the procedure.

17.12.2 wont install error code 43

I also whatched this video How To: Flash Your RX 480 to an RX 580 & More | Flash RX580 BIOS on RX480 - YouTube

Thanks to everybody who help me to solve my frustration.

View solution in original post

53 Replies

I posted the link earlier but it is awaiting moderation.  

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X, Corsair 16GB DDR4-3200, Gigabyte B550 GamingX v2, ASUS TUF Gaming RX6800 16GB, Corsair RM750i, 512GB Corsair MP600 Force NVMe PCIe x4, 512GB Silicon Power NVMe PCIe x3, 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA-III, ASUS BW-16D1HT BD-ROM Writer
0 Likes

This how to select the GPU and what you have to download.

1.png

2.png

0 Likes
steviejay
Adept II

Hang on, I found this;

pretty much I think this could be your problem in that your card has a modded BIOS so you need to reflash it to stock and remove the OC.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X, Corsair 16GB DDR4-3200, Gigabyte B550 GamingX v2, ASUS TUF Gaming RX6800 16GB, Corsair RM750i, 512GB Corsair MP600 Force NVMe PCIe x4, 512GB Silicon Power NVMe PCIe x3, 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA-III, ASUS BW-16D1HT BD-ROM Writer

Hello,

Can you explain to me more detailing please?

0 Likes

I think you'll have to read the linked post.

There will probably be a stock BIOS at the TechPowerUp repository but you need to run GPU-Z and backup your existing BIOS first.

I'm not going to advise you on how to do it without seeing the exact card or the results of GPU-Z (nor will I afterwards), if you need more support I suggest contacting your vendor / HW manufacturer in the first instance.

0 Likes

I need to know how to flash that, 'cause I don't see it how

0 Likes

atiflash won't open on my computer

0 Likes

Need to realize that if your GPU card still is under Warranty, modifying the vBIOS will probably void it if your brick the card.

Flashing vBIOS on the card is risky. I don't believe it has Duo vBIOSes installed, in case the main vBIOS is corrupted, like certain R9 GPU cards.

Modifying the vBIOS may be the answer as to why your card's driver keep reverting to an previous older driver. But If I were you, I would RMA it back to the manufacturer if under warranty. If not, then take the risk and modify the vBIOS, the worst that can happen is you will need to purchase a new GPU card if the flashing fails.

0 Likes

No man,

A friend of my brother gave me that gpu, I would never spend a dollar on anything that is AMD, I have very bad experiences with AMD components.

I'm still have a problems when I try to play FC5.

0 Likes

lnpg87 escreveu:

I need to know how to flash that, 'cause I don't see it how

I´m going to look to the side, not even going to peek...

0 Likes

I have the solutions.

I will show the step that I've followed.

1.- Install the driver version that windows don't overwrite. (2016 date driver).

2.- you need to flash the bios of the video card RX 480 to RX 580.

here is the link to make the procedure.

I also whatched this video How To: Flash Your RX 480 to an RX 580 & More | Flash RX580 BIOS on RX480 - YouTube

Thanks to everybody who help me to solve my frustration.

Glad you got it sorted and glad you posted the solution!

0 Likes

Mark the post that solved your problem (your own or someone else) as "Correct" that way the thread is closed and others in the future will know what you did to solve your issue in the future.

0 Likes

Glad you managed to find a solution.

0 Likes