cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

kevinmg
Adept I

How long does receiving a boot kit approval usually take?

If anyone is looking at this forum I will give you a timeline of how my boot kit approval went through. Sunday-Warranty request sent, followed by 2 automated e-mails.   Early Monday Morning-Received a human e-mail asking for legibility images, followed by me sending legibility images.    Early Wednesday Morning-Received a bootkit verification e-mail, followed by a FedEx RMA e-mail that had a return label document. I received my boot kit on Friday of that week, I have yet to come home from work today and flash the bios but I was able to boot the pc and so far everything has worked. Special thanks to ray_m​ for following up on my requests. Would give AMD 11/10 for customer support!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Your images have been received and the Boot Kit request is being processed.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Ray_AMD
Community Manager

What is the ticket number for your submission ? I can check on the status.

Hello,

I still have not received a confirmation e-mail and I have also checked spam mail. Do you have any idea how long receiving a confirmation e-mail will take?

Thanks!

0 Likes

Please DM me the Email address you used to apply for an RMA.

0 Likes

I cannot find a record with your email address in the system. Can you please trying putting in the RMA request once again ?

0 Likes

I just checked the message I sent you and I misspelled the e-mail. Sorry for the inconvenience, I will re-send the e-mail

0 Likes

Okay, I have re-submitted the warranty application last night. Does anyone have an idea of how long receiving (even an automized) response would take? I have all my parts collecting dust since I thought the boot kit would be here by now.

0 Likes

I see a response to ticket 8200804105 has been sent to you already.

0 Likes

I have double checked my e-mail and I have received no response from AMD... It's nice to see that the ticket number got processed at least

0 Likes

Is anyone able to follow up on my warranty request, I'm starting to lose patience with this boot kit program.

0 Likes

RMA# (2000249030)

"

Your warranty replacement processor was sent to you as part of the AMD

Advanced Warranty Fulfillment service which is offered as a privilege

to our warranty service, if we do not receive the original processor

within the next 5 business days, we may not be able to continue to

extend this privilege to you in the future."

I received this today, but I haven't even received the boot kit yet. I live in Canada, so my guess is that AMD shipped it from the US. I was approved on March 21.

I miraculously got my motherboard to post (eventually) without requiring a swap, even though the MSI rep told me that I that a boot kit was needed. Post, no post, MSI stuff...

Anyway, AMD, I can't ship the boot kit back yet, because I don't have it. Please don't give me an angry stare or something.

Thanks for your feedback. I had to re-submit the request form last Sunday with a completely new e-mail  and amazingly I received not one, but 2 auto confirmation emails. I finally have hope that I can somehow boot my computer.

0 Likes
kevinmg
Adept I

Can someone check on the status of my submission? I’ve sent the verification photos but it been over 24 hours w/o a response. im starting to lose hope again that this process will work. Ticket Number: 8200804613

0 Likes

Your images have been received and the Boot Kit request is being processed.