cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

left4dead666
Adept II

Ryzen 1400 RX580 8GB 1080P Fps problems!

Hi There

My Rig

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1400 3.4Ghz

GPU: AMD RX580 8GB

RAMM: 2x 8GB 2400mhz

When i bought the pc i looked up the performance of the system for 1080P Gaming. According to all the information i read and viewed 1080P Ultra Settings according from hardware websites and videos 1080P Gaming on Ultra will be no problem.

But now i have that system its not performing as it needs to be, FPS drops below 30FPS how is that even possible?.

I use only wattman (so no afterburner or any other overclock utality and i didnt overclock the system at all.

Some games run just fine 60fps with drops to 50fps but thats okay im not even notice it.  But Ghost Recon Wildlands and The Division it doesnt stay 60fps it drops below 35 or 30.  As it drops below 35 you notice the performance loss its very frustrating.

Im gonna look if more games have the same issue. but the videos if seen with the same setup 1080P have more fps and no drops below 40 and they are even recording!.

What can be the problem?

Greetings Ricardo

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi there

I contacted AMD true the link you sent me and they answered!, they gave me some download links for drivers etc & told me to do some setting changing.

i didnt have the chipset drivers so i installed it and it came with a Ryzen PowerPlan, i used the high performance from windows but since i use the Ryzen Powerplan the problem has been fixed also i had in my radeon settings at temprature & fan control the settings that the acoustic limit was set to its max and the fan speed to 2500 and not 3900 if its needs to, so i changed it, and i also changed the tempraturte control to automatic so the card doesn't throttle cause i enter the target to 60 degrees somehow after i all changed these settings i can play all the game on 1080P Ultra Settings with no drops below 40FPS!.

i hope for people when they read this post they understand what i did so if they have the same problem they also can fix it!.

What i did

1: Changed to Ryzen Powerplan (it comes with the chipset drivers of your motherboard)

2: Acoustic Limit to 400 or 300 and minimum fan speed to 2000 and max 3900

3: Temprature control Automatic (you can also set it Max to 95 and Target to 85) I recommend automatic.

Greetings Ricardo

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Do you have VSync enabled if so try turning it off. If you do and you drop enough below 60 it will then sync to 30 basically halving the frame rate. This is where you would want to use the frame rate control  if need be and not VSync. If your monitor supports FreeSync that would be a bonus too and give you some other options.

0 Likes

i have a monitor 75hz with FreeSync! i always have VSync off.

but what do you mean with: If you do and you drop enough below 60 it will then sync to 30 basically halving the frame rate. This is where you would want to use the frame rate control  if need be and not VSync. If your monitor supports FreeSync that would be a bonus too and give you some other options.

0 Likes

If you use Vsync and it drops below the synced rate it drops to half that rate. That is how it works.

0 Likes

But according to this AMD Man https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/4ypw5k/freesync_is_so_fcking_awesome/d6zl13v/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/4ypw5k/freesync_is_so_fcking_awesome/d6zl13v/

if you have VSync On While FreeSync is Enabled It Will Cap your monitor to 75 Ghz to keep it in FreeSync Range (and it will not half it) but if you have ordinary monitor it will half your frame rate when you drop below the Refresh Rate.

i also tried your theory but unfortunately still have the same problems.

0 Likes

I am not telling you to use VSync. I have been asking if you are. I said cut and paste " Do you have VSync enabled if so try turning it off." Do you see the OFF part? Never recommended you turn it on. If you had however had it on (I don't know you hadn't said at that point) it could have explained what you are seeing. What I am telling you is not theory. It is how Vsync works. We are not mind readers and only know what you tell us and go from there. You think maybe, I have a FreeSync monitor with 75 hz and this is my range (still no idea what the range is, you have not said) might have been useful information from the start? I don't work for AMD and am a user just like you, just trying to help you and get you to give the information that someone can. I didn't know what monitor you have, you didn't say. I don't know you always have Vsync off, you didn't say that either.

Honestly though this is my fault for even attempting to help when you hadn't given the requested information for even making a post on these forums as required at the top of every page in these forums, and likely why nobody else has offered any advice either. INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

I semi agree with what the "marketing guy" says but that is a pretty vague viewpoint and not completely accurate at least not for many scenarios I can think of. But yes I would say it is best to not limit frames if possible, and to do so only if your frames are going over your range. Not knowing what your range is I have no idea what to recommend and I would not user FRCT to do it. I would use chill as it does not introduce lag. This is what the AMD engineers say not there marketing guy.

Read the following: How to Tune GPU Performance Using Radeon Wattman and Radeon Chill

The chill feature you use the min and max, set within your freesync range per game you want to apply it too. There is no global setting for this. This is the way to control your frames without lag. From within the game settings is also fine depending on the engine.

Now this is about all I know if you need further help I suggest you open a support ticket with AMD, these COMMUNITY forums are not AMD employees, we are users like you, helping each other or trying our best to do that. The AMD support link is in your Radeon Settings too. You can talk to AMD here: Email Form

Good Luck I hope AMD can help your issue.

0 Likes

Im sorry if i offended you!, i just did what you said and it didnt work.

Also for this problem i thought it was not necessary to put my PSU Power and Motherboard Model.

I tried contacting AMD but they never answered!

I also have a iiyama g master ge2488hs b2 75HZ Monitor - FreeSync Range 47 by 75

also using the latest AMD Drivers 18.3.4 Adrenalin

0 Likes

If you are sorry you wouldn't end your sentence shouting. I didn't say you offended me. I said I was trying to help you without enough information. You always should give the information requested in any forum. I gave you all the advice as I said that I have based on what I know, and I game you links to the people that can offer you help. Again I now know that apparently you contacted AMD? You never mentioned that before. Did you use the link I sent you? Because they answer that. If you use the issue reporting form they do not answer that one.

Hi there

I contacted AMD true the link you sent me and they answered!, they gave me some download links for drivers etc & told me to do some setting changing.

i didnt have the chipset drivers so i installed it and it came with a Ryzen PowerPlan, i used the high performance from windows but since i use the Ryzen Powerplan the problem has been fixed also i had in my radeon settings at temprature & fan control the settings that the acoustic limit was set to its max and the fan speed to 2500 and not 3900 if its needs to, so i changed it, and i also changed the tempraturte control to automatic so the card doesn't throttle cause i enter the target to 60 degrees somehow after i all changed these settings i can play all the game on 1080P Ultra Settings with no drops below 40FPS!.

i hope for people when they read this post they understand what i did so if they have the same problem they also can fix it!.

What i did

1: Changed to Ryzen Powerplan (it comes with the chipset drivers of your motherboard)

2: Acoustic Limit to 400 or 300 and minimum fan speed to 2000 and max 3900

3: Temprature control Automatic (you can also set it Max to 95 and Target to 85) I recommend automatic.

Greetings Ricardo