cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

seqhar
Adept I

r5 m330 freezing

Hi! when i update my display driver, there is too much freezing on my laptop. Even i cannot move mouse clearly. I can't update driver now. I am using 17.2.1-feb28 version. How can i fix this problem?

laptop model Hp 15af113nt

0 Likes
15 Replies

this is my system:

laptop model Hp 15af113nt

AMD A8-7410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics 2.20 GHz

8 GB ram 1600 Mhz

Ekran Alıntısı.JPG

I have also tried to record a video :

amd r5 m330 freezing problem - YouTube

I can't use last version comfortably. As you can see when i move mouse the mouse marker is beaming. Also when i want to play any game, i see too much drop. Fps going down and then it get better.

0 Likes
cuddlyfish
Journeyman III

I have the exact same processor and the gpu AND the symptom! The entire Windows freezes for a split second at about every 3 -5 seconds.

Mouse cursor stops and even progress bars halt.

This doesn't happen when I use older drivers. I first had this issue with the Adrenaline software so I uninstalled it and then used Windows Device Manager -> driver update (version 15.xx) and everything was fine.(except for poorer performance)

I tried to install Adrenaline again along with the newest driver(23.xx) and the problem reoccurs.

0 Likes

I have already use old version too but there is no solution. Also when i do nothing on pc, also pc use cpu %2 to %25 itself. it do that periodicly.

0 Likes

Have you tried the latest drivers > 18.2.1 > APU

Use a clean install of the full version...never the 'minimal setup'

Laptop graphics update...How to

0 Likes

yes i have tried. unfortunately it doesn't work.

0 Likes

I also have this problem;

You can see fluctuation on cpu. Because of system it happen.

2.jpg

0 Likes

Do you have the computer Power Plan set to 'Performance'? (Not 'balanced')

0 Likes

yes i have. and i always use it

0 Likes

so.. is there any solution?

0 Likes

Report it to AMD > AMD Issue Reporting Form

0 Likes

Unfortunately it is not a solution. I reported that problem two times but they didn't give me feedback. Anyway, thanks for try to help me..

0 Likes

I have seen so many posts like yours..laptops in particular...after the latest and greatest Win10 'update'. Have you reported the issue to Microsoft? How to report Windows 10 bugs to Microsoft?

0 Likes

Nope. I have tried last version on windows 7 also. and i have seen same problem too. by the way, i installed graphic driver "2015.0715.2138.37093" version and the fluctuation problem has gone. but it is too old driver. at least, thank you again.

zozo97215
Journeyman III

Hi all

My solution on windows 10 03/03/2021

Open the file explorer

Chose the This PC on the left side (or your pc name) thank right click and click on the properties. 

Now you in the ABOUT page, so just scroll down and choice the advenced settengis

Now you need to select the Hardware menu  and then the Device Mananger( this is the first option of two)

So when you openend te device mananger go looking the Display adaptors

Open this and then double click the AMD Radeon R5 Graphics

So now you need to choice the update driver and then 

BROWSE MY COMPUTER FOR DRIVERS! 

And befor the last step choice this:

"Let me pick from a list of avaliable drivers on my computer" 

Now u need to choice the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. 

Click the next and never again the mouse freezing. 

I hope this is help to your guys! 

0 Likes