cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

brunoalvesdefaria
Journeyman III

Ryzen 2400G + RX Vega 64 (Vega 11 Code 43 on Device Manager)

I'm using a setup with Ryzen 2400G and RX Vega 64.

I installed all the drivers and the GPU is working fine, but I'm seeing a Code 43 warning on Vega 11 (from 2400G).

Is that warning normal with this combination or I'm missing something?

0 Likes
5 Replies

Without any knowledge of your computer setup. This is the latest APU Driver for the Ryzen 2400g DESKTOP APU with Windows 10 x64 installed.:

Radeon Software for Ryzen™ Desktop Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics Release Notes

0 Likes

This is the only one I managed to install but it seems to be buggy.

When I open Radeon Settings it says that there's an update available (18.2.1) and when I try to install it, the software asks me if I want to close the Radeon Settings and start the Installer and when I confirm it doesn't close Radeon Settings and displays a loading spinner that  sometimes vanishes after a while and sometimes not (need to be finished from task manager).

0 Likes

When you install the latest APU driver. Be sure to delete C:\AMD Chipset or something similar. Also be sure your Windows is totally updated via Windows Update.

The latest for the Vega64 Driver is 18.2.1. You can download it from here: Desktop . Under  "Optional Downloads" it has a newer APU Chipset download:

Optional Downloads

NAMEFILE SIZEREVISION NUMBERRELEASE DATEDOWNLOAD LINK
AMD Chipset Drivers67 MB18.10.b3/12/2018*DOWNLOAD
Description:
Supports Windows® 7/10 for

7th-Gen AMD A-Series Processors
                           AMD Ryzen™ Desktop Processor

AMD X370 Chipset

AMD B350 Chipset

AMD A320 Chipset
              Windows® 10 only for

AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper™ Processor

AMD Ryzen™ Desktop Processor with Radeon™ Vega Graphics
                           AMD X399 Chipset

Package Includes:

AMD Chipset Drivers

AMD Ryzen™ Balanced Power Plan

0 Likes

Even when I install the AMD Chipset Drivers, the RX Vega 11 Graphics displays Code 43 on its status.

Device Manager.png

When I open the Radeon Settings I see this:
Radeon Settings.png
And when I try to update from here I'm having the issue I mentioned before (loading spinner for ever).

When I try to install the recommended Radeon Software (18.2.1) I see this screen:

Recommended.png
The message says: "Unable to locate drivers for your system.". It happens regardless I delete C:\AMD folder.
I tried to install the most recent drivers twice with a clean Windows 10 installation and I had the same issues.
The WHQL version is the only one that worked but Ryzen's graphics units are not working due to the code 43 issue.
I really don't know if these units should work with a Vega 64 card installed because I'm not sure if the APU Vega cores can communicate with the GPU ones.

0 Likes

Good question. Maybe one of the Moderators can shed some light on this issue.

I don't know if the APU with Vega driver may be interfering with the regular Vega64 driver.

0 Likes