cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

oomek
Adept I

Windows 10 Spring Update + Radeon drivers 18.3.4 = Mega FAIL

After upgrading Windows 10 to the latest 1803 version many directx and opengl apps started malfunctioning.

There is a problem with initialising fullscreen The screen blinks 2-3 times before it succeds.

Some apps freeze for 5-10 seconds in the beginning after launching in fullscreen mode.

Some shaders do not render on the screen.

There is a 5sec delay after I exit some apps run in fullscreen.

Freesync is not working.

I’ve tried clean windows install. Same issues.

After installing an Autumn Windows 10 version everything went back to normal.

I’ve tried 2 previous drivers aswell.

Those issues do not happen on my other machine with nvidia card.

Windows 10 x64

Intel i7 cpu

MSI H81i motherboard

Radeon RX 480

8GB RAM

500GB SSD

0 Likes
43 Replies

Thanks for the heads up on this!

0 Likes

by any chance, do you have the Official Windows 1803 or the one from Preview Program?

I have been checking all day at Microsoft download page and it still indicating the Fall's Creator version and not the new Spring Version to download.

0 Likes
oomek
Adept I

I’m in the Release Preview ring. This build I’m using 17133.1 is the same that will be deployed to all users in a couple of days.

0 Likes

AMD drivers for Windows 10 are designed for the public release only. Have you notified Microsoft?

oomek
Adept I

What is the point. This build actually is going to be rolled out today 10th of April. And I do not see any new drivers from AMD. As I said those problems do not exist with nvidia card.

0 Likes

I can confirm, the 18.3.4 its broken on 1803, on my side dont even boot the OS, but the 18.3.3 everything Works fine.

RX580 driver 18.3.4 system wount boot.

18.3.3 system works fine, no issues.

Nvidia GTX1070 no issues...  

0 Likes

And when it's rolled out...most likely AMD will roll out a new driver.

0 Likes

Looks like the official SCU 1803 public release is being delayed (rumored up to 2 weeks), to fix a 'blocking bug' ?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

That is why it hasn't been changed in Microsoft Download Page from Fall's Creator version to Spring Creator's version. I have been checking all day long. Last time, it became available after 12 PM on the day it supposed to come out for the Fall Creator's version.

0 Likes

They typically don't come out before like 10 UTC time, that has been my experience.

0 Likes

according to your stated time 10 UTC is would have been 14 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time according to this website: Current UTC+10

0 Likes

Whatever time it is, I am sure I probably got the UTC time wrong. I don't really care honestly that's why I didn't bother looking it up. The tuesday patches typically start showing up here at about 9 pm central time.

On Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 8:07:53 PM CDT, elstaci <amd-external@jiveon.com> wrote:

|

Community

Re: Windows 10 Spring Update + Radeon drivers 18.4.3  = Mega FAIL

in Drivers & Software

according to your stated time 10 UTC is would have been 14 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time according to this website: Current UTC+10

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Community

SHARE THE LOVE! Help other developers by marking replies to your questions as Helpful or Correct. If you are the original question asker, you can mark replies as Helpful or Correct by:

- Go to the message on Community (you’ll need to log in).

- Click on either the Helpful Answer button or the Correct Answer button.

- Pat yourself on the back! You’ve helped others who have the same question as you by telling them which replies are helpful and correct.

This email was sent by Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

|

0 Likes

MS patch time is 10 PST UTC 8  according to Wikipedia. I highly doubt that is like gospel either.

0 Likes

Too funny, I no sooner finished posting again and I had updates to install.

0 Likes

The time when it is available really isn't important. Rather what is important is that the new version comes out on the day it suppose to.

0 Likes

Goodplay is correct. Windows Upgrade has been delayed. Here is a copy from a link from Microsoft : https://www.onmsft.com/news/waiting-for-windows-10-1803-rs4-spring-creators-update-final-sounds-like...

One possible reason for the “delay” may well be all in a name. A number of Microsoft watchers have been tweeting in recent days and weeks that the almost foregone conclusion name “Spring Creators Update,” which was mentioned in a Feedback Hub reference and also showed up in at least one of the latest RS5 builds. However, and possibly with the reorganization of the Windows teams within Microsoft, the “Spring Creators Update” name appears to be out. Nobody seems to know what the new name is, and it could well be that getting marketing materials together for a new name could be slowing things down.

It’s even possible that Microsoft has hit a last minute bug or two, either in the OS release itself or in the release mechanism for rolling out the latest Windows 10 update around the world. Last week, Microsoft announced that a version of Windows 10 build 17133, thought to be the final build, was released first to the Slow Ring and then to the Release Preview Ring, a signal that the build was at least a candidate for an “RTM” version.

0 Likes

I gotta say though if it is only delayed because of a name, who cares, doesn't it have a new revision number? You don't even need the name. Windows 10 1803 I don't think would bother anyone I know in IT. I'm pretty sure the general public cares even less.

0 Likes

I also agree. It sounds sorta silly to delay an important upgrade because they don't like the name. Most likely is due to the second paragraph in the previous mentioned comment. A last minute bug or two which seems to be the case considering two Users posted here with problems using the Preview version of the RTM . But like kingfish​ mentioned, when the Official Version comes out to the Public is when AMD will provide New Drivers.

0 Likes

Hey I say block it till its right if you ask me!

0 Likes

That’s what I did. Gonna wait until at least 3 cummulative updates come out. I burnt myself pretty badly with that RTM

0 Likes

I'm in no hurry. If they need to delay it's fine with me. I'd rather they fix the bugs then me.

0 Likes

there is already a new update for 1803 out there

WINDOWS 10 KB4100375 – HARDCORE GAMES™

keep in mind i get these ahead of the public, but it should be rolled out over the next couple of days

0 Likes
locodicegr
Miniboss

Windows 10 Spring Update +  Radeon drivers 18.4.3 = NO PROBLEMS.

georges
Challenger

Guys there is not 18.4.3 driver !!

18.3.4 is the latest one

0 Likes

Thanks for the tip. Mistake corrected.

0 Likes
plumboby
Miniboss

think I will pause mine for a bit, wait for issues to be sorted dont like this current version but just coming right & MS is throwing it all out. Dont mind holding off be safer for me I got stung on this update dont wana invite Deujavu again.

0 Likes

So has anyone who is a regular Win 10 user actually got the 1803 update or is the rumor of it being delayed true? Not clear from the previous posts here. As of this morning I got updates for Office and a cumulative for 1709 but I am still on 1709 after everything installed!

0 Likes

Yes it is delayed and there is not a new date given. They have issued monthly roll outs to all currently supported OSs.

0 Likes

check windows update, there is a rollup that might fix some issues

0 Likes

I updated to them last night. Have not played anything yet though. I however have already luckily fixed most my issues. Either by changing Windows settings or the last few driver updates fixed a lot for me. Wish all could say the same.

0 Likes

pokester wrote:

I updated to them last night. Have not played anything yet though. I however have already luckily fixed most my issues. Either by changing Windows settings or the last few driver updates fixed a lot for me. Wish all could say the same.

I installed a new version of windows from the insider and it has slightly better gaming so i am aware that the BSOD problems are being fixed right now along with a boatload of other problems

0 Likes

Good to hear the new build is better for you. I am hoping that is pretty universal!

0 Likes

pokester wrote:

Good to hear the new build is better for you. I am hoping that is pretty universal!

I have had issues with it so I am expecting a new update or 5 before it is ready for  public release

not sure what is up with all the radeon driver problems, i have an old hd 7870 and it still works ok

0 Likes

I think many of the older cards without the newer Wattman features have a lot less to contend with. My HD 7950 still works great too!

0 Likes

pokester wrote:

I think many of the older cards without the newer Wattman features have a lot less to contend with. My HD 7950 still works great too!

I wonder if the wattman has to be fixed as i have seen many gripes, my card is stock 1000 Mhz which is fine, as i tend to play older twitch shooters which tend to have lower system requirement to so they run fast

0 Likes
plumboby
Miniboss

Mine was upto date I just paused it last night so I dont get caught in the last wave of buggy updates.1709 has its quirks working fine atm. Wanna wait a month or to as there going be a few issues I usually wait 2-3 months so there been waves of updates hot fixes, with a few stabilising culitmitive , then load up. I just be warry of certain updates for a bit. The safest is pause & if hopefully AMD release a decent driver package they been hit or miss. Theres going be funky drivers round for a few months with the 2nd gen Ryzens I bet that's thrown the new 10 update out to unless they been testing the beta or our current update comming.

The land & wave of funky 10 O well happy I paused mine happy they finally got it stable just going to wait out the storm of hate from others having issues.

0 Likes
moonrunestar
Journeyman III

Bump, as this issue is also happening with Windows 10 build 17134.1 on driver 18.3.4 (and 18.3.3). This issue doesn't occur with borderless fullscreen, so if the gamse/applications you use provide borderless fullscreen, that is a good workaround.

0 Likes

Windows 10 build 17134.1 Is an insider build and not official to the public.

0 Likes

locodicegr wrote:

Windows 10 build 17134.1 Is an insider build and not official to the public.

actually it been released to all levels of insiders for last minute bug bashing

0 Likes