cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

screwtech02
Adept II

Ability to run 3 displayport monitors from a 4 port powered hub, 144hz monitors, in eyefinity?

Currently have 3 R9-390 8gb PowerColor cards, and have said eyefinity setup with 2 display port cables, and a dual link DVI cable.

Why wont/cant windows see allow all 3 of the monitors to work over DP connections?  It see's my 3rd, but it is greyed out, and wont allow to

expand desktop to it? (only while using DP connectors) (with 2 DP, and 1 DL-DVI, its fine)

Club 3D 4 port powered hub

Latest catalyst drivers

Windows 10 64 bit pro (updated)

1600 watt lepa PS

X99 FTWK/6850K

32gb Dominators

0 Likes
1 Solution

Well apparently its a bandwidth issue with the hub/monitors.  Did some searching on Club 3D site.  There is no possible way to run 3 1920x1080 DP monitors off of a single MST hub, especially @ 144hz.  So ima stick with what I gots.

Thanks for the reply's though!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
screwtech02
Adept II

Only reason I went with all DP cables/monitors, ect was because AMD touted it as the easy way to add multiple monitors.  Guess "truth in advertising" is a bit missleading....  Go figure....

0 Likes
jargon
Elite

This may be a bandwidth limitation of DP 1.2 MST hubs. What is the native resolution of your monitors?

0 Likes

1920x1080 native res.  Tried lowering the res of each monitor, and refresh rates as well, no joy.

0 Likes

Have you tried disabling MST/DP 1.2 through your monitor OSDs?

0 Likes

Well apparently its a bandwidth issue with the hub/monitors.  Did some searching on Club 3D site.  There is no possible way to run 3 1920x1080 DP monitors off of a single MST hub, especially @ 144hz.  So ima stick with what I gots.

Thanks for the reply's though!

0 Likes