cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

corva
Journeyman III

Audio on board does not work when using Ryzen 5 1600, while it works using Ryzen 5 2400G, WHY?

Good afternoon,

Since last October I sent back for a replacement some ITX motherboards based on B350 chipset because I found their audio on board not working in both Windows 10 and last Ubuntu version.

Last time I wrote ASRock support we could not find any solution so I asked my last vendor to replace my third ITX motherboard.

Few weeks ago my vendor replied me my motherboard was found working well and so a replacement was refused. They could not help me more because I had bought all my other computer components from other sellers and I had bought each component online. So I bought a new power supply 600 W Platinum, but it did not solve my motherboard issue, and at the end I decided I had to buy the new fresh Ryzen 5 2400G.

I replaced the old CPU for the new one and finally the Realtek audio on board started working with or without my previous graphic card GT 1030.

Now I am using Ryzen 5 1600 on Windows 10 64 and cannot find any Realtek audio again.

Has someone a solution or do I have to ask for a replacement?

PS

I have a couple of videos I made to be clear.

0 Likes
9 Replies

Make & Model of Motherboard that you are using.

When the Realtek Audio is not working do you have your Main Audio Device on "DEFAULT" under Windows 10 Sound Panel?

If you are using a Nvidia GPU card and your main Audio Device is connected to the GPU card, the DEFAULT audio will be Nvidia Audio and not Realtek. You have to manually designate the Realtek Audio device as DEFAULT to hear any sound from those drivers.

To use Realtek, you must have it designated as "DEFAULT AUDIO DEVICE" under Control Panel - Sound Panel. Otherwise it will go to the GPU Audio and not Realtek.

0 Likes

Thank you for your reply.

Actually my motherboard is the ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX. I know what you mean but I cannot select any Realtek audio!

In the following video I show how my motherboard works with both CPU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uq_ZrixKFZs&feature=youtu.be

0 Likes

Saw you Specs for your Motherboard. You have a fairly now BIOS update and AMD AIO Driver. ASRock > Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac

HP Notebook System BIOS Update - 01.47 rev A - 01/27/2018

AMD AIO Driver - 01/24/2018

Realtek HD Audio Driver - 06/08/2017

Looking at your Manual, The BIOS has two settings for Onboard Audio : http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/Manual/Fatal1ty%20AB350%20Gaming-ITXac.pdf

4.4.3 South Bridge Configuration

Onboard HD Audio Enable/disable onboard HD audio.

Set to Auto to enable onboard HD audio and automatically disable it when a sound card is installed.

Front Panel Enable/disable front panel HD audio.

When you install the Ryzen 5 1600 CPU, go to BIOS and see if the Onboard HD Audio is Disabled or Enabled

0 Likes

My Motherboard Bios has the audio on board enable and as I show in my video it works only when there is a Ryzen 5 2400G installed.

I know it makes no sense, but it's happening and I don't know what to do.

I also checked my Ryzen pins and they are perfect. I used this CPU for many months without notice any crash.

0 Likes
corva
Journeyman III

If nobody can help me that means I'm going to return this CPU.

0 Likes

If you truly want Help, you need to open a Ticket with AMD Support. Either through email : Email Form  (Best way to get a response back) or through AMD REPORT ISSUE : AMD Issue Reporting Form (Won't get a response back but will let AMD Support know there is an issue with the APU/CPU).

This is a USER to USER Forum. Users go here to, hopefully, find quick solutions to their computer problems that other users are having. Posting a problem here is not going to let AMD Support know that there is a problem. The Moderators of AMD Forum do work and are employed by AMD but their jobs is to moderate the Forum and help when possible. In certain rare cases, the Moderators may open themselves a ticket to AMD Support about problems that they feel is critical in nature.

I am sorry that not many other Users commented on your problem. Which probably means the problem concerns only your computer setup or no one knows how to fix it.

Thank you for your reply but I had already asked for a replacement which became a refund that for me is the best solution cause I don't need two CPU.

I can even write AMD but I have to send that CPU soon.

0 Likes
NeptunZuti
Journeyman III

0 Likes
NeptunZuti
Journeyman III

You have misaligned pins on your cpu. Realign them using a sawing pin and a magnifying glass.

0 Likes