cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

sjung77677
Journeyman III

there must be a way for the amd developers to reduce a certain amount of voltage in the laptop gpus even if there is no way to overclock it .. may be they can put it in the drivers so that the undervolt is safe and better thermal reduction can be achieve

there must be a way for the amd developers to reduce a certain amount of voltage in the laptop gpus even if there is no way to overclock it .. may be they can put it in the drivers so that the undervolt is safe and better thermal reduction can be achieved ... radeon wattman settings do not have to involved , is there any way that amd driver developers can be contacted for this purpose??

0 Likes
2 Replies

Laptops are not meant to be Overclocked or Underclocked due to Heat and Power restrictions. If AMD allows a AMD Driver to Underclock a laptop (Involves undervolting) and the laptop is damaged, The User can blame AMD.

The Manufacturer of the Laptop is the people you need to ask this question. Since they are the ones that engineered and made the Laptop. They know How Much a laptop can be Underclocked or Overclocked without damaging the Laptop.

AMD Drivers are GENERIC, which means they are meant to work with all laptops in general. So the drivers are not customized for a specific Laptop. As you know, what works in one Laptop may not work in another Laptop.

The answer above is not an answer to the OP. The OP is right. Amd (driver creator and hardware and so decide voltages and oem edits them!) uses to much voltages and trying to reach to much for less. They r already priced better than the green team but somehow wanna squueze all they can out of it resulting in insane high temps vs a little downclock would makr it super efficient and still dominant. Sometimes i think the amd developpers are messing around and stubborn. For this reason only id suggest people nvidia. For people who know how to set settings or prefer my help i suggest amd simply cause amd  has alot more to offer for a lot of better prices and the same if not better perfromance. For example the new 5700 vs 2070 and older 580 vs 1060.

Nothing is ment to overclock thats why we try. Laptops are sooooo overclockable. I can easily show you that.

Dont tell they are not, unlocked things to overclock is child overclock. We are talking about real overclocking and underclocking. But thats another topic

0 Likes