Hello,

PC: AMD FX - 8320 Radeon

R9 290

Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3

Windows 10 64bit

2x LG Flatron IPS235

Corsair TX650

16 GB Gskill ram

This afternoon, I installed Windows Update: March 22, 2018—KB4089848 (OS Build 16299.334). As well as Radeon update 18.3.3. I first ran all windows updates, restarted, then updated the GPU driver with the help of Guru3d Display Driver Uninstaller. Now only one monitor will work.Just before this process, everything was working as it should.

Troubleshooting steps taken: Switched DVI cables, GPU outputs, and an HDMI cable. All cables and monitors are definitely working. After connecting the HDMI cable however, I can not get a signal back to either monitor through DVI. Used device manager to rollback drivers and update to new drivers. Used several old versions of AMD drivers. Reseated Graphics card. Nothing has worked. Windows will still not detect another monitor.

0 Likes
6 Replies
plumboby
Miniboss

use the drivers from the AMD official site more of a guarantee to get genuine clean drivers. I suspect the 3d guru drivers are corrupt.

0 Likes

All drivers I used came from AMD's official site. I only used display driver uninstaller to remove old driver information.

0 Likes

I believe he meant that he downloaded DDU from 3d Guru and not AMD Drivers. Many people download DDU from this website.

Windows 10 Settings, what does it show under "Display"?  Also are there any Yellow exclamation marks in Device Manager and what is showing under "Display Adapter"?

Try this basic method of uninstalling and reinstalling AMD Drivers.

First download the correct Full AMD driver set from AMD Support for your Desktop R7-240 GPU Here: Desktop .

Make sure your Windows 10 is fully updated via Windows Update (including Optionals).

Disconnect the Internet from your computer to prevent it from installing a different GPU Driver than the one you are installing.

Use Windows 10 Uninstall to uninstall all AMD Drivers and software. Then use DDU in safe mode to completely eliminate all traces of the old AMD drivers and software related to the GPU.

Delete C:\AMD Folder. This prevents New and Old AMD driver files from installing and corrupting the installation process.

After rebooting from DDU, Reinstall the new AMD Full set of drivers. If it installed correctly, again delete C:\AMD folder to save Hard Disk space and reconnect to the Internet.

If the latest doesn't work, go to a Previous Driver and follow the same procedure as above.

Also check to be sure your Monitors/Television is set for DVI and not HDMI input.

I'm sorry for the late reply, I've been incredibly busy with school and haven't had time to sit down and fiddle with this.

There were no warnings in device manager.

I got to this step and when rebooting, I now have no signal AT ALL through either DVI or HDMI. Both monitors act as if the computer is asleep but all fans are spinning.

Use Windows 10 Uninstall to uninstall all AMD Drivers and software. Then use DDU in safe mode to completely eliminate all traces of the old AMD drivers and software related to the GPU.

0 Likes

I would mention this to Microsoft as well > How to report Windows 10 bugs to Microsoft?

I would also consider the issues that 'Fast Start' have been known to cause with updates:

Windows 10 Help Forums

0 Likes