cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ponkt
Adept I

Best settings in AMD Radeon for CSGO

whats the best settings for csgo more fps and less input lag. and how do i get into AMD Additional Settings?

thanks for answers!

and whats the best driver for CSGO?

15 Replies
turbo5800
Adept II

Well depends alot on what ur Gfx card is, which monitor etc

But for short as possible to make game more smooth with stable FPS

First when u open ur Steam then go to Libary and right click on cs:go > Properties > Set Launch Options

I have this in "-console  -freq xx(replace xx with ur screen hz f.eks. 60  75 or 144) -full -novid -high -noborders -noforcemspd -noforcemaccel -tickrate 128 -nod3d9ex -nojoy +cl_forcepreload 1 +mat_disable_fancy_blending 1"

Then go to ur steam folder like C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\cfg and make a new "autoexec.cfg" file and

paste the autoexec text or whole cfg i have attached into that folder and u can add "other stuff like "crosshair" settings binds etc. but remember to make cfg when u done as "read-only" so that cfg cant change while game and add "+exec autoexec.cfg  +exec autoexec -exec autoexec.cfg" to launch options and if u can find ur normal config.cfg file at the bottom "exec autoexec"

Then i made a "1440x1080" custom resolution like u can see here here all pictures incl. my radeon settings + radeon pro settings

here link to imgur witch all pictures am - Album on Imgur

In cs go i use 4:3 1440x1080 as u can see on picture

Most important is to use "Radeon Pro" to only let direct x 9 allow to run in 4:3 is for me that played since Half-life a big difference ...cant explain how much but does alot for my game ..

Hope it helps ..if needed more detail or question then ask again

why should i use Radeon pro? and i cant understand because u not using english in the amd radeon...

i need less input lag and most fps, cuz im playing competitive ..

0 Likes

Which language do u have in ur Radeon?? even with other language the place where the boxes are and numbers are the same....

Radeon Pro has more acces and possible to change alot more settings then the amd driver has by itself. u can for e.g  set the Direct X u want to use for the Game

In CS:GO when u set radeon pro to only use "dx9" and disable all others and OpenGL then u vil get higher FPS and steady FPS to. Because CS go is made from cs 1.6 steering and source graphics. The 1.6 steering is more smooth with dx9 since that was used back then and dx9 uses less power from ur GFX card.

Also in Radeon Pro under Anti-Alising u can set it to CFAA(edge-detect and with ingame Anti-Alising to 8x u can see more through Mesh

u can set Trilinear Optimizing on and ingame set it to Trilinear to improve fps. Also u can set Anti-Alising compatíbillity to "Unreal Tournament 3" so it improves fps again.

Tripple Buffering can be tricked so u can set it to ur monitor Hz 

U also can Disable windows "Aero" , set prio to High and set how many CPU core to use

and last u can set the cs:go client launcher which is "Steam" so the game get easy acces

so Radeon Pro to set dx9 only to run . anti alising and make custom rezolution for 4:3 with Amd CHill active then ur have no lag at all...

Hello and before to start asking you questions, I wanted to truly thank you a lot for posting those precious informations and sharing time.

First all, here is my cfg:
Monitor: Asus ROG Strix XG258Q @ 240hz
Motherboard Asrock AB350

Windows 10 LTSC installed on a 500 go ssd M2 nvme

CPU:  Ryzen 2700x
GPU: Aorus Radeon 580 8gb

2 x 8gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000 MHz CAS 15

Seasonic focus gold 450w semi-modular

I would like to know if I need to keep the exact same settings as yours regarding my cfg ? With all the new updates (CS GO, ATI Radeon) is your cfg still up to date ? I've a weird trouble with Ryzen Master, I can't even lunch it, and when I try to play on Assassin's creed odyssey, i get a blue screen … if you have any idea of what's going on it would be great

Thanks a lot again ^^

0 Likes

In your profiles in the gaming tab use the profile for CSGO. I set everything to application control. Most already are but Tessellation by default is not. Set it to application control. Then set textures to Performance. I find these two changes make a big difference in CSGO.

0 Likes

Oh many claim that different texture cache settings work best. I leave mine on AMD Optimized. It really depends on if you run off ssd or how much video ram you have. So try all 3, see which one works best for you in that game.

0 Likes

Thanks for your answer ! and what about the triple buffer opengl, should I turn it on or off ? Should I leave AMD freesync or not ? I have a 240 hz monitor (freesync) and a RX 580 8gb

0 Likes

Leave it off. It doesn't matter though, that game isn't running in OPEN GL and that setting only affects OPEN GL.

0 Likes

Then leave FreeSync on. I have a FreeSync monitor. So I use chill. My FreeSync range is 44-76 so I set my chill to 45 min and 75 max. You might want to try something similar, depending on what your range is.

0 Likes

My Settings:

0 Likes

All right ! Some people are saying Freesync activated does increase the input lag ...

And what do you think about the 1440 by 1080 resolution ? Have you tried the Radeon PRO tools as well, just as mentioned by turbo5800​ ??

0 Likes

Freesync does not introduce lag. Chill does not introduce lag. Enhanced sync does not introduce lag. FRTC does introduce minimal lag. V-Sync introduces the most lag.

I don't know about that resolution, best advice, try it, decide for yourself.

No, never tried pro tools. I don't have a pro card. If those do work on consumer card I never knew that and never tried.

0 Likes

v-sync does not give lag in all games..some games have hughe fps drops up and down then it is better to set v sync on so that u have less drops in which do give more lags for ur eyes.

Chill have i seen be more lagish when playing driving games like i play F1 2019 ..with chill i have around 10-15 lower fps and reaction is for me slower to...

Also all this is ofc only working if u have good GFX and CPU...

0 Likes
turbo5800
Adept II

Well i made this guide for ppl who want to have HD resolution but still want CS to behave smooth with dx9 as it was back in cs 1.6 and earlier version...also to get cs:go and amd driver to show 4:3 resolution stretched was not easy ...and main goal for cs is to have the fps top be steady around 99-101 fps without any fps up/downs...i run my chill from 144 fps minimum to 300 ...i have freesync aoc gamer screen ....here screen of what i use https://imgur.com/gallery/fsXuuuO

0 Likes