cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Windows 10 Spring Creator's version to be available for downloading on 04/10/2018

Just a reminder that on April Patch Tuesday, the new Version of Windows 10 will be available to download according to this website: Windows 10 Spring Creators Update reportedly set for April 10 release | TechRadar

0 Likes
13 Replies

And the settings everyone outside of the fast ring should use to keep from being an unpaid beta tester

And yes, I'm one of the many who refuse to move from 1703.

LoL!

Yes it is wise to wait a couple of months or longer until all the new bugs from the new version are exposed and patched.

0 Likes

As far as Windows 10 goes, it's been a consensus across the reputable tech sites that 1703 is the build which has the least number of adverse affects from patches.

0 Likes

I do agree with you. I remember having hardly any issues with version 1703. But according to Microsoft, Support for Version 1703 end in 10/2018:

Home, Enterprise, Education, Pro, and Pro for Workstation editions

Windows 10 will have feature updates released twice a year via the Semi-Annual Channel (SAC). Your device needs to install the latest version (feature update) before your current version reaches end of service to help keep your device secure and have it remain supported by Microsoft. Each Windows 10 version will be serviced with quality updates for up to 18 months from availability. It is important that all quality updates are installed to help keep your device secure.

Some editions can defer semi-annual feature updates at Settings >Windows Update >Advanced options or via a policy that an organization's management system may provide to the device. On devices that haven't been configured for deferral, you'll need to install the latest feature update to help keep your device secure and have it remain supported by Microsoft. New versions may be automatically installed prior to the end-of-service date of the current version on your device.*

Windows 10 version historyDate of availabilityEnd of service
Windows 10, version 1709October 17, 2017April 9, 2019**
Windows 10, version 1703April 5, 2017October 9, 2018** 
Windows 10, version 1607August 2, 2016April 10, 2018**
Windows 10, version 1511November 10, 2015October 10, 2017**
Windows 10, released July 2015 (version 1507)July 29, 2015May 9, 2017

Now, I am not sure by what Microsoft MEANS by END OF SUPPORT after 18 months. Will it be similar to older Windows that it won't get any Windows Updates unless it is a severe Security Update. I don't know.

0 Likes

A little common sense and use of a VM and you can still use Windows XP quite safely, so even if they cut me off completely, I wouldn't move to the new release until it was proven stable.

0 Likes

Just curious to know, but what factor or determination will let you know if a Windows version is "Stable"?

0 Likes

If darn near every patch doesn't cause computers to have a meltdown.

0 Likes

I'll update after there's a driver release (in the hope MS have fixed),

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/03/29/windows_10_creators_update_driver_flaws/

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Yeah, the stuttering problem is a common gripe in both AMD and nVidia Forums. They all blame the GPU drivers, yet your article pretty much states that it is as much or more of a Windows Problem than a GPU driver problem. Some problems are very complicated in troubleshooting due to the fact that it may be caused by a combination of various computer components and/or drivers or software.

I have been very fortunate, in the respect, that I haven't had any serious problem with my Asus GPU card. I did have a mouse problem (intermittent Freezing), but that was solved when I upgraded my mouse recently and it installed compatible Windows 10 driver.

The only positive (in a way) is every Windows major version update bring a huge amount of traffic to all the Forums.

0 Likes

The only nice thing about that article is for people to truly realize that many of the current issues AMD is getting heat for started in the Windows camp and those issues affect the Green Team too.

I think I share your opinion. I will be in no hurry to update either.

0 Likes

ZDNET gives a good Visual Update of all the Major changes in the new Spring Creator's version.: What's new in Windows 10 version 1803, the Spring Creators Update |

0 Likes

Thanks for that share! Good info!

0 Likes

Did you notice the High Performance setting for GPU now?

0 Likes