cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

staephan
Newcomer

Amd Radeon r9 290x Not working! HELP PLEASE!

My SAPPHIRE R9 290X Tri-X is not working!

My driver manages to install perfectly fine. It initializes the card (flickering screen) and displays the appropriate driver in device manager (AMD Radeon R9 200) with no errors. However, when I shutdown or restart, the driver stops working and it shows up with an exclamation point in device manager. The details say CODE 43 - The device has stopped working. This requires me to uninstall and reinstall the driver every time I boot.

I've done a number things:

- Install fresh by first uninstalling all AMD software and drivers

- installing manually using device managers driver installer and directing it to the appropriate subfolders

- Cleaned registry

I don't have any AV software.

Going into windows event viewer, on boot, it says Display driver failed to start.

Also something weird and possibly related - when the driver is broken and it shows CODE 43 in device manager, the computer will eventually quit showing a generic Windows 10 blue screen.

Please help me with this! Here are some screenshots of the error: R9 200 Series Display Driver Issues - Album on Imgur

0 Likes
2 Replies

You must take the necessary steps to prevent Microsoft from automatically installing/changing graphics drivers. Follow one or more of the methods described > https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/8013-enable-disable-windows-update-automatic-updates-windows-10-...

Open the C:/AMD folder on your computer and delete all previous drivers

0 Likes

Yeah, I tried that... Still no luck...

0 Likes