Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

renvy
Journeyman III

Frame drops after new update with all of the version 18

Hi all,

After Installing new update of the drivers, I have gotten frame drops even on the desktop reason I know this is because I suddenly got "mouse lag".

I have this issue with all version 18 updates

Except with version 17.9.1, I keep falling back to this driver installation

so yeah I got my solution, but I do want to update my drivers......

is there some kind solution for this other then downgrading the drivers

System:

CPU

AMD FX-8350 

Vishera 32nm Technology

RAM

10,0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz

Motherboard

ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. M5A97 R2.0 (Socket 942)   

Graphics

LCD22-1 Wide (1680x1050@60Hz)

HP 27er (1920x1080@60Hz)

4096MB ATI Radeon RX 580 Series

Storage

111GB Samsung SSD 840 Series (SSD)    <- C drive with all drivers on it

931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZRX-00A8LB0 (SATA)  

232GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB (SSD)

0 Likes
5 Replies

How old is your Mouse driver and what Make & Model PSU you have installed?.

I had a 5-6 y/o Logitech Wireless mouse that started freezing intermittently since Jan. 2018. Purchased a new Mouse with latest Logitech Mouse driver and no more freezing. Seemed like my old mouse became partially incompatible with the latest Updates from Windows 10.

In case it could be a driver issue due to the Mouse Driver being old.

No that is not the case because  with the older update everything is working fine  and its not the mouse it self im having frame drops

My mouse driver is up to date

0 Likes

This is excellent advice for sure. I had issue with my Logitech mouse driver and uninstalled it a bingo no problem. My guess is that between the mouse, gpu and Windows changes something is definitely causing conflict so it's really a choice of what do you want to regress or change to eliminate the current problem. We just had another thread last week with another mouse brand that was causing same issue so it's not just Logitech either. That OP went through many other things before taking the Mouse suggestion writing it off as not possible intially. Of course as soon as I say that it won't help you! So as they say YMMV.

My guess too is that this one probably actually stems from changes MS is making. That however is a gut feeling I have no proof of that.

Regardless it would be pretty easy to uninstall whatever mouse driver you are using and just use the windows default to see if it improves. Then you at least know where to look or not look.

As usual you give great advice elstaci.

Look I'm not just writing it off,  if it was only the mouse  then yes it would be that problem, but that is not the case the over frame drops also on the desktop and in games, i  could also notice it  with Youtube video's and such.

And just to be sure and to respect you guys I will try this out on Monday.

And Elstaci   I got the logitech G402 its not that old of a mouse

• Software version: 90.2.17
  • Latest update: 14-OCT-2014

For the power supply is pretty old I think have look in to it Monday so you get another update then.

and the reason I say that its not the mouse that is because   when I use UFO Test: Framerates    and I did nothing  not touch the mouse it stutters after few sec...

same for video's and such

0 Likes

Didn't mean to imply you were. I stated the other person did. I just didn't want you to discount giving it a try. And it's not the mouse hardware causing issues it's the driver. It's the high polling that seems to be an issue for many. Just suggest uninstalling the driver (temporarily) to test and see if it makes a difference. If not by all means that is probably not it. But you have eliminated a variable. Good Luck!

0 Likes