cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

willz447
Adept I

What are the best drivers for AC Origins?

I have:

Dell Inspiron 5767 Laptop

Radeon Software Version - 17.11.2

Radeon Software Edition - Crimson ReLive

AMD Radeon R7 M440 4GB

Windows Version - Windows 10 (64 bit)

System Memory - 16 GB

CPU Type - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz

I know it's not really a gaming PC (I mostly use it for work), but Battlefront II works really smoothly on medium settings and I even get 25-30 FPS with Watchdogs 2 on medium/low settings.

But with Assassin's Creed Origins, on very low settings, I'm still only getting 10-15 fps with constant drops to 5fps.

Any ideas? Or is it just the graphics card?

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
plumboby
Miniboss

Your laptop aint powerful enough to run this game simple answer then hate be so blunt so rude but this game was intended for high end builds not laptops. I suggest either look for a better laptop or PC. You could try mod tweaking game files but all the anti tamper within the game & tweaking would do more harm than finding something proper to run it on. If your pulling 10-15 it wont increase much probly on lowest preset so advise srtrongly if you wanna play this game an upgrade will be nessisary at least.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

I would bet on the graphics card. Look at the framerates on a more powerful CPU/GPU

Look towards buys a butter laptop or a Desktop build it probly run but be horrible to play. Its really graphically demanding & CPU intensive game you laptop end up being a space heater leg warmer if you could get it just running. From my perspective to run that game go either buy a new decent Laptop or Buy A decent PC with a decent CPU/ Graphics card combo which can play that & many more games my best advise. Driver wise any of the lastest drivers will let you play this game tho you laptop will struggle or more so wont play it.

georges
Challenger

You can try the latest driver 18.3.4  to see if the FPS will be increased , but its an unoptimized game (maybe) because of Denuvo Anti-Tamper

Download and install Intel latest drivers and Then Latest AMD Driver

Do you run the game with amd gpu or intel's integrate ?

0 Likes

I tried it on the latest 18.3.4 and it's still about the same - around 15 fps. I use the AMD card, not the integrated one

plumboby
Miniboss

Your laptop aint powerful enough to run this game simple answer then hate be so blunt so rude but this game was intended for high end builds not laptops. I suggest either look for a better laptop or PC. You could try mod tweaking game files but all the anti tamper within the game & tweaking would do more harm than finding something proper to run it on. If your pulling 10-15 it wont increase much probly on lowest preset so advise srtrongly if you wanna play this game an upgrade will be nessisary at least.

Yeah you're right. I've tried everything and it still runs poorly.

thanks for your responses

0 Likes
plumboby
Miniboss

no problem sometimes the hard truth of saying how it is gets it across. No problem for trying to help integrated solutions for gaming hasnt been a thing most gaming companies are willing to push or try which makes it hard with laptops unless they are a full gaming spec laptop its a pitty tho the way they make there $ forcing upgrades for perfectly good laptops.