cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

jacbo
Journeyman III

Ryzen 3 2200g - will not post

New build, MSI Tomahawk B350 mobo, new Ryzen 3 2200g.  Updated BIOS to 7A34 using AMD A6 9500, so should be ready to go, but no success. Easy Debug light lit when powered up.  Am I missing something?

0 Likes
6 Replies
hybrid
Adept III

What is the code you are getting during POST?

0 Likes

nothing... just black screen I thought that it was DOA at first, then I got a replacement and it did not work aswell

JFM

0 Likes

Do you have a speaker on your motherboard for POST? (It uses beep codes)

It looks like this:

s-l300.jpg

If not,then buy one (they are very cheap) attach it to your motherboard and then turn on the system,

You sould hear beeps,count the beeps and remember if the beeps are:

short beeps

Continuous beeps

for example: 1 short beep and 2 Continuous beeps.

then reply to me (i can't edit for some reason)

0 Likes

ok thanks. I will try that.

JFM

0 Likes

Seems like this is a common problem with MSI Motherboards and Ryzen. Here is a good thread from Tom's Hardware on how to flash a bad BIOS on the B350 Tomahawk: https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/61m74l/warning_to_msi_b350_tomahawk_users_updating_their/

First, If you are able to Flash your BIOS, MSI has a very new BIOS & AMD Chipset Driver Update :

BIOS - 7A34v1G - 3/20/18 - Improve Memory Compatibility.

AMD Chipset Driver - 03/28/2018

You need the have BIOS version 7A34v1C and above installed for the Ryzen 3 2200G CPU to work. Which you do. just FYI.

RYZEN 3Raven RidgeYD2200C5M4MFB2200G1003.52M4MB065AMDRadeonVega8 1100MHz7A34v1C.zip

I also would be sure the Memory you have installed is listed under MSI Compatible Memory List: Support For B350 TOMAHAWK | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design | MSI Global

0 Likes