• Motherboard + Bios Revision
    • ASUS Prime B350-PLUS BIOS Date: 12/04/17 18:16:25 Ver: 05.0000C
  • CPU/APU
    • Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.5 GHz
  • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
    • EVGA 650 B3 80+ BRONZE 650W, FULLY MODULAR
  • RAM
    • G-SKILL Ripjaws V-Series DDR4-2800 Memory

When I try to install the AMD Radeon Software 18.3.4, it only partially installs and stays at the current version of 18.2.1.

It shows my AMD Display Driver "Download Failed" for version 23.20.15033.5003.

0 Likes
7 Replies

When you reinstall the AMD Drivers do this:

Try this basic method of uninstalling and reinstalling AMD Drivers.

First download the correct Full AMD driver set from AMD Support for your Desktop for the RX580 here: Desktop

Make sure your Windows 10 is fully updated via Windows Update (including Optionals).

Disconnect the Internet from your computer to prevent it from installing a different GPU Driver than the one you are installing.

Use Windows 10 Uninstall to uninstall all AMD Drivers and software. Then use DDU in safe mode to completely eliminate all traces of the old AMD drivers and software related to the GPU.

Delete C:\AMD Folder. This prevents New and Old AMD driver files from installing and corrupting the installation process.

After rebooting from DDU, Reinstall the new AMD Full set of drivers. If it installed correctly, again delete C:\AMD folder to save Hard Disk space and reconnect to the Internet.

0 Likes
brenniegirl
Journeyman III

I'm having this problem as well with my Rx 480. So here's a super weird bit. If I have a D drive plugged in, it installs fine but I receive the mouse lag/stutter. But when I only have my C drive in, the lag/stutter is gone but I can't install the package. When I open the log only the video driver, and hdmi driver were able to install. But my D drive is dying and causing a lot of problems on my computer so I can't just plug it in every time I want to install a driver.

0 Likes
merchant2112
Journeyman III

Error 1603 Partially installed.

i too also got these errors when i checked the detailed logs i found that the drivers were installing but the utility would not.  for both the graphics and chip-set (balanced power plan app.) i went thru all the directions for resolution none of them worked. i then tried installing the apps by navigating to the extracted folders and running the setup command.  i immediately got a invalid drive message for a mapped network drive. P:\

searched found this Snagit (Windows): Error 1327: Invalid Drive error when installing SnagIt – TechSmith Support

i removed all the entry for all my mapped drives and reran the installer and everything installed with out errors.

hope this helps

0 Likes

this was posted over a year ago, but I really need your. help I have already spend 2 full days chasing this issue with no succes and what you said is exactly the same as my situation. can you maybe clarify how you did it? because so far this is the only real lead I've had in figuring out a solution.

0 Likes
merchant2112
Journeyman III

Try removing any maped network drives so all you have left is drive letters for your real local drives. For example c and d if you have 2 partisions. I have found that due to poor or lazy programers that some software installers hang due to windows limitations dealing with mapped drives as soon as I got rid of all the drive letters the installer was claimning were invald the error stopped and every thing installed. Then I remapped my drives and never looked back 

0 Likes
waltc
Miniboss

I've had this happen, as well--once or twice.  My solution was simply to clean install the newer driver you want to install--this should uninstall the partial driver correctly and then install the correct driver.  Weirdly, you may find that you have to do back-to-back clean installs to correct the problem--as a single clean install may not suffice.  Or, you could try uninstalling the partial first via programs and features--rebooting and then installing the driver you want--but really, clean install automates that process for you.  Or you can use DDU, if you want, as elstaci suggests.  Or, you could boot into safe mode and uninstall manually, reboot and then reinstall the desired driver. 

The approach I found that doesn't work at all, is to simply try to force install the newer drivers on top of the partial install, IIRC.  You would think this should be sufficient to rectify a partial install--but it isn't, for some reason.  The error will simply repeat--at least, I recall it happening to me that way.  Please pardon me if my memory here is hazy, it's been awhile since this happened--I do recall the experience as somewhat annoying, however, so I can sympathize with those who also have the problem.  Wish I knew why it happened at all--my only theory is that it results after x number of forced driver installs on top of each other--no clean installs, etc.   Have no idea if that is the case, but these days if I want to be "sure" when I install a driver I go the clean install route. Also, if you have Win10 Pro, you'll want to set a policy of not receiving device-driver installs with your Win10 updates from Microsoft, because Microsoft only installs the minimum driver and you may therefore wind up with *mixed* driver files being active--that can definitely cause problems.   Best to simply download and install only from the AMD site, imo.