cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mickie420
Adept I

My R7 240 performance massively drop when i upgrade from windows 8 to windows 10

my gpu performance drop from to 1/3 of performance before i upgrade to windows 10

driver windows 10:Adrenalin 18.3.4

windows 8:Catalyst 14.4

0 Likes
1 Solution

I can't help you there..why don't you break down and buy a licensed Windows version?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies

0 Likes

sorry im new to this forum

gpu r7 240

desktop

Windows 10 64 bit

Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.3.4

VGA

asrock a320-hdv im not sure about bios

ryzen 3 1200

power supply 500w not sure which brand

8gb ddr4 2400 single channal

i use windows 8 pro pirated version and i try to upgrade to windows 10 by downloading from microsoft website

everything work fine gpu load normal except performance

affect every application

i cant because i reverted back to windows 8

0 Likes

If you have Windows 8...these are the last drivers for your card > Desktop

Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

** Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 must be fully updated before attempting to install any AMD driver. All 'critical', 'recommended', and 'optional' (no language packs,etc) updates as well as any Service Packs (SP) must be installed before any attempt to install graphics drivers. If you do not get this message .... keep installing until you do:

0 Likes

what about solution for windows 10 because i revert to windows 8 to playing game untill i found solution to fix it or when i can clean install my pc

0 Likes

I can't help you there..why don't you break down and buy a licensed Windows version?

0 Likes

ok im gonna clean install legitmate version of windows 10 and try again

Good choice

0 Likes
plumboby
Miniboss

You will need a legit version to benefit for the preformance gain on 10. On a side note with 10 to get the best preformance is to didable any for of power saving features built in & set you power plan to High preformance & diabling in your bios Link stae so that the card is getting full power without anything throttling the power back.

0 Likes

It works thank you very much i think it because of some setting or program before

0 Likes