Ryzen 3 1200 doesn't post, CPU Debug light on mobo

CPU - Ryzen 3 1200

Mobo - MSI B350M Gaming Pro

Ram - Crucial Ballistix sport LT(2X4GB)

GPU - EVGA Geforce GTX 1050TI

HD - WD 1 TB

Case - Coolermaster - Masterbox Lite 5 ATX Midtower

PSU - Thermaltake Smart 500W

So, first PC Build. I assembled everything, tried a post, nothing booted. Both System and GPU fans have power, CPU fan wiggles about. Red CPU Debug light comes on. Tried removing GPU, doesn't work. Tried any sort of ram config, doesn't work, tried taking Mobo out of case and booting that way, doesn't work. Tried Reseating CPU, doesn't work. Tried CMOS Clear, doesn't work.

No pins look bent, could the CPU just be bad?

0 Likes
4 Replies

Your motherboard has a brand new BIOS. Support For B350M GAMING PRO | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design | MSI Global​.

Another thread started here recently having the same issue can be a fix to you updating your BIOS if you can't Post :AMD Ryzen 5 2400g MSI b350m fails POST . Follow Black Zion's advice on how to update your Motherboard's BIOS if it doesn't POST.

Try updating the BIOS and see if it helps. according to this article from Tom's Hardware with the exact problem you are having with the same motherboard a Ryzen CPU it mentions to Update the BIOS : MSI B350M gaming pro EZ debug led for CPU - [Solved] - Motherboards

In my own Opinion, the CPU fan shouldn't wiggle at all. That indicates it is not making good contact which can be causing the CPU to overheat very quickly and stop working or shutdown.

AMI BIOS

Version

7A39v2F

Release Date

2018-03-20

File Size

9.99 MB

Description

- Improved memory compatibility.
- Improved M.2 device compatibility.
- Improved Windowns7 compatibility.

Note

It must install nvidia graphic driver ver 391.01 or latest version when using AMD Raven Ridge CPU and nVidia graphic card.

Version

7A39v2E

Release Date

2018-03-12

File Size

9.97 MB

Description

- Improved memory compatibility.
- Improved PCIE device compatibility.
- Update AGESA Code 1.0.0.1a to support new upcoming processors.

Note

It must install nvidia graphic driver ver 391.01 or latest version when using AMD Raven Ridge CPU and nVidia graphic card.

0 Likes

So, apparently AMD won't do a boot kit, so should I RMA the mobo and specify that I need an updated one?

Should I RMA the CPU as well to be safe?

0 Likes

That decision is up to you. Open a ticket with MSI Support before doing anything and see what they suggest. If they feel it is a MoBo issue they probably will give you a RMA to return the board. I would wait to see about your Motherboard first before doing anything with the CPU. The CPU is probably good and it could just be a BIOS problem that causing the CPU problems.

If you open a MSI Support Ticket, copy a link to this Thread so that they can see what you have done.

0 Likes

This might be of interest from MSI Forum concerning the same issue as you with the previous BIOS flashed: B350M Mortar BIOS update 7A37v12 causes no more posting

0 Likes